What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for good remote desktop software

scubadiver12165

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to find a good remote desktop software for my ipad that allows me to remote connect to my home and work computers and access them when needed.

Thanks.

lesfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use team viewer. I prefer it over WEBEX as you do not need someone to grant you access. I connect to my home computer all the time when I'm out and about.

iPhone, iPad, AppleTV... got the t-shirt.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's no competition - SplashTop.....

I connect from either my home network or from another country - either via WiFi or 3G. Setup is really easy, too.

There's a free lite (limited connect time) version available, so you can try it at no risk.

Check out all the threads on this Forum about this app - it's awesome..

Tim

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone with experience with both SplashTop and LogMeIn Ignition who can compare the products?

P.S. No, I didn't do a search. Shame on me!

Last edited:

lesfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work for a large software company and our support guys use team view. with splash top etc do you need to install it on your PC?
One of the reasons we use team viewer is as well as the full program (which is free for personal use) which allows remote access and file shuttle without anyone being there, there is a small exe that we can send to a customer, which they double click on and read the passcode to grant us access. Very useful when fixing your friends machines :)

iPhone, iPad, AppleTV... got the t-shirt.

OP
scubadiver12165

scubadiver12165

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see that SplashTop is having a sale right now. I'll download SplashTop when I get home this evening. Teamviewer is free for personal use, so I will get that as well. Between the two, I should be able to connect to my work laptop as well as my home laptops and home gaming rig.

I do have a question about SplashTop. I see that you have to provide it with a gmail address in order for SplashTop to know where the computer that I want to connect to is located. I don't understand how exactly does that work. Isn't gmail strictly a web base email software? Or is there a step that I'm missing?

gkyle001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw that TeamViewer has a free version, but Splashtop doesn't seem to, so I'll give TV a try first. Maybe when ST goes back to full price, they'll have a free version I can try.

mikebravo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TeamViewer is best for remotely accessing computers from iPad and vice versa. Also, if you wish to have view only remote desktop, you can use gosupportnow remote support service in order to establish remote connection between iPad and computers.

Most reactions

Latest posts