What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote desktop on iPad...

Molly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are so many apps for remote desktop for the iPad... But what I need is one that will allow me to remotely work my desktop from anywhere in my classroom while mirroring the desktop to my projector. I tried one that closed out my PC therefore disconnecting the projector.

Specifically I need (want) to run my smartboard notebook software using my iPad but do it remotely since I don't actually have a smartboard.

Any ideas?? :confused:

idbirch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you wish to keep the main display active while you're connecting through the iPad, you will need to use one of the VNC apps that are available. It's designed behaviour for an RDP connection to lock the session at the workstation end as soon as you log in.

OP
M

Molly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies! In my efforts to keep things cheap or free (at least for now), I downloaded TightVNC for my desktop and used Mocha VNC Lite for the iPad, and it worked. I can now look like a magician, strolling through my classroom, controlling my desktop from anywhere. Ha!

Most reactions

Latest posts