What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Location service button blocked

Maga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that Maps is working fine I noticed the following:

Privacy - Button Location Service is ON though, it is blocked (soft green and can't chance it).
Privacy - Share Location is OFF and also blocked (white and can't chance it either).

Tried over and over again and can't find how to unblock.
Hope someone may help me get this right. Thank you.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you gone into your iPad settings/privacy first and than and turned your location on? You will need to click onto privacy and location and click onto it to toggle it to the on settings. I hope that is what you meant with your question.

OP
Maga

Maga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I did, Privacy settings is on but if I want to chance I can't because
it it is blocked.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I did, Privacy settings is on but if I want to chance I can't because
it it is blocked.

I am not sure what you mean by "blocked."

Can you take a screen shot of it? Press and hold the on/off button and the home button at the same time. Than upload so we can see what you mean.

Edit....by chance, do you have your restrictions setting on?

OP
Maga

Maga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not sure what you mean by "blocked."

Can you take a screen shot of it? Press and hold the on/off button and the home button at the same time. Than upload so we can see what you mean.

Edit....by chance, do you have your restrictions setting on?
I'm going to take the screen shot ( my 1st!)
Sorry, what do you mean on restrictions settings?

OP
Maga

Maga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1st is Privacy settings Location Services (you can se it is ON but I can't chance it because - I don't know how - it is blocked, even the green color is different

2nd is Share Location which is also blocked (it doesn't move to green) , is OFF on this case - if I want to Share my Location with some Family I can't chance the settings.

OP
Maga

Maga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
Maga

Maga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a correction on my spelling: when I write "chance" I mean "change". Sorry about the mistake.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gosh it looks like you have it on already. If you tap the toggle, it doesn't move to the left?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a restrictions password set? Unless you set a restrictions password you cannot change anything in the restrictions category, including Location Services. Try setting a restrictions password if you have not already done so, then let us know if it makes a difference.

If you already have a restrictions password set, make sure that you have chosen to allow changes in location settings. If you've checked off don't allow changes you'll not be able to change the settings. Here's a screenshot of the page in location settings with the switch set to allow changes.
image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Maga

Maga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have a restrictions password set? Unless you set a restrictions password you cannot change anything in the restrictions category, including Location Services. Try setting a restrictions password if you have not already done so, then let us know if it makes a difference.

If you already have a restrictions password set, make sure that you have chosen to allow changes in location settings. If you've checked off don't allow changes you'll not be able to change the settings. Here's a screenshot of the page in location settings with the switch set to allow changes.View attachment 61898

General - Restrictions - Yes - password is set :
Privacy : location services: allow changes is checked - Location Services (under) is set green but can't change it.

The option Share Location is off and can't change it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 219

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is your iPad associated with a business or education account?

When you add your iPad to a business's network they can enforce a security profile. This often includes default settings that you can not change.

OP
Maga

Maga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is your iPad associated with a business or education account?

When you add your iPad to a business's network they can enforce a security profile. This often includes default settings that you can not change.
Oh no, my iPad is personal and till now I've only used my home network

Most reactions

Latest posts