What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Location service button blocked

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oh no, my iPad is personal and till now I've only used my home network

I see. I can't think of anything else, besides the Restrictions Settings already mentioned, that would lock your location services to on.

The only other thing I can think of to try is Reset All Settings under Settings > General > Reset. This won't delete anything, or change your account settings. It will default many other settings like wallpaper, sounds, and possibly location; so you'll have to re-tweak when done.

OP
Maga

Maga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see. I can't think of anything else, besides the Restrictions Settings already mentioned, that would lock your location services to on.

The only other thing I can think of to try is Reset All Settings under Settings > General > Reset. This won't delete anything, or change your account settings. It will default many other settings like wallpaper, sounds, and possibly location; so you'll have to re-tweak when done.
I got it, looked again:
General - Restrictions (checked YES) - insert code -
1st option: deactivate restrictions.

Down: allow Safari ...etc.
Alow iTunes... etc

Permissions: music - tv ...etc

Privacy:
Location Services - allow changes
Down on the same roll: Share Location: allow changes (it was marked not allowed).

OP
Maga

Maga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So it's working now?
Yes! It is working. I must have changed it when I was trying to put the Maps app running properly before I come here.
Anyway, I'm going to keep the suggestion you gave me above, it might be useful in the future, I'm sure as I am still in the beginning of "mutual understanding with iPad".
Once again, I want to thank for the great help.

Most reactions

Latest posts