What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legacy TV Out Cable Not Working with New 4th Gen iPad

gedansky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Rocketfish TV out cable (with the red, white and yellow RCA connectors, NOT HDMI) that I used with my iPad 1 to watch movies on our TV.

Now I have the 4, and I added the 30 pin to lightening adaptor, and it doesn't work. I get audio over the TV but no video. I tried using the TV Out app, which doesn't seem to do anything. Any suggestions for making this work? I have no need for the adaptor otherwise.

Thanks!

gbutterf1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would suggest that you look into Apple TV or the equivalent I have been using this for over a year and provides a faultless cloud to the existing tv system as well as a seamless interface.
I got mine on eBay for @ $70 as it is the latest I have been very happy I also run a Cisco cloud over a 5 ghz network tied into a cable modem.
George

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The lightning connector on the iPad 4 and iPad mini does not support video out capability. You would have to use an Apple TV and stream the video content from your iPad to your TV screen.

starwalker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The 30 pin to lightning adapter does not support video out. This is taken from Apple website:

This adapter lets you connect devices with a Lightning connector to many of your 30-pin accessories.* Supports analog audio output, USB audio, as well as syncing and charging. Video output not supported.

gbutterf1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would suggest contacting "Black Box" as they have products that no other company carries, or connect via your cloud the 4th gen has no problem with sending or receiving lots of data at very good speeds................ hopefully even faster after the new IOS is released.

gbutterf1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PS try at Black Box.com
[h=4]AVSW-DP4X1A[/h]
[h=4]ACU2500A[/h][h=4]ENVMDPDVI-0015-MF[/h][h=4]ENVMDPDVI-0010-MF[/h]

Most reactions