What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting iPad (4th Gen) to TV using USB cable

AceLizard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Though I don't really want to watch movies or videos on the TV via the iPad, I would like to view my games on a larger medium. That being the case, my LCD TV has a USB port and I'd like to know if it's possible to connect the iPad to the TV without the added expense of purchasing the Lightning Adapter? The only thing I want to view are the games that I play - I don't really care about the rest (music, photos, videos, etc.).

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, you cannot use the USB on the TV for mirroring your iPad. For one, the USB port on the TV is not set-up to do it, and neither is your sync cable for your iPad.

You will either need the lightning to AV adaptor cable, or an Apple TV, which should both allow mirroring of your iPad screen.

Most reactions

Latest posts