What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 4th gen and go-pro micro SD.

Dylanoleon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, my first post so go easy. Got my new ipad 4th gen and am really pleased. My issue is I'm about to pre order the
new go-pro hd 3 which contains a micro SD card. Iv looked on the App Store and see lightening adapters for all other
Options but no micro SD. The ipad 3 has the camera connection kit but as you probably know it's for the old 30 pin
Adapter and still not sure if it handled micro SD.
Ideas as to how I can upload my footage to my ipad? Is there gonna be a new micro SD adapter?
Thanks in advance.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dylanoleon said:
Hi all, my first post so go easy. Got my new ipad 4th gen and am really pleased. My issue is I'm about to pre order the
new go-pro hd 3 which contains a micro SD card. Iv looked on the App Store and see lightening adapters for all other
Options but no micro SD. The ipad 3 has the camera connection kit but as you probably know it's for the old 30 pin
Ideas as to how I can upload my footage to my ipad? Is there gonna be a new micro SD adapter?
Thanks in advance.

If you look in the Apple online store, you'll find the two parts of the camera connection kit sold separately in the lightning connector versions.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I plan to get a go pro hero 3 soon myself.

Options are to use iTunes and drag it over into the a you plan to use the clips in (like iMovie) need to ensure it is in a format that the app likes.

Another option is to get an app like transfer all that lets you transfer from a PC wirelessly. Will be slower but you don't need iTunes.

Another option is to get something like the Airstash and put your microSD card in an sd card adaptor. The air stash has its own wifi so you can transfer that way.

Generally, using a wire is faster. There may be several other options, too.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks in advance.

Get the Apple lightning to SD camera card reader (it's available online now).........and then just use a micro SD adapter when you insert the card.
The Go-Pro HD cameras are sweet........we have several of them at work that we use (HD hero 2) and the video is absolutely unbelievable.
We run field road tests to monitor our systems going down the highway with exsposure to all the elements.....they work flawlessly.
The 180 degree field of view is incredible.

Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader - Apple Store (U.S.)

Lightning-SD.jpg

D29-1041-mainv01-mc.jpg

Last edited:
OP
D

Dylanoleon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys, very helpful. The plan is not to take my laptop snowboarding, I just wanna take the ipad. So option 3 would be the best. Never used micro SD so didn't realise you could get an adapter which is the same size. Problem solved
thanks again.
P.s. I agree, go pro's are amazing. The reviews and footage Iv seen on hero 3 black edition are out of this world. Linked with my ipad and iPhone 5 retina screens should be a match made in heaven.

Most reactions

Latest posts