What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad to older TV ?

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just ordered an AV cable that they claim will connect an iPad to a TV via the older style RCA type audio and video input cables. I only want to view photos and maybe a tv show now and then. I don't care about HD and my TV doesn't have an hdmi or VGA plug. Does anyone else connect with the older type cables? Will this work? ( I saw a similar cable being used on an ad for another camera connector kit)

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

brpkelly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have bought the same style cables and they work like a charm. They allow me to stream video, whether it be Netflix or xfinity or HBO to one of the three TV's on my boat. You should have no problem.

markbnh1 said:
I just ordered an AV cable that they claim will connect an iPad to a TV via the older style RCA type audio and video input cables. I only want to view photos and maybe a tv show now and then. I don't care about HD and my TV doesn't have an hdmi or VGA plug. Does anyone else connect with the older type cables? Will this work? ( I saw a similar cable being used on an ad for another camera connector kit)

OP
markbnh1

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
brpkelly said:
I have bought the same style cables and they work like a charm. They allow me to stream video, whether it be Netflix or xfinity or HBO to one of the three TV's on my boat. You should have no problem.

Thanks for the information! I feel more confident now with my purchase.

Most reactions

Latest posts