What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

last name, first name issue again

jfolliard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sync my ipad with google contacts - so all of the sudden several of my contacts are last name, first name but also many others are first name, last name.

no matter how I change the settings (sort or display) I can't get them to be all one way or the other?

help, please!

Jack

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Chances are that either in Contacts or in Google, some contacts actually have the names in the wrong field. If that is the case, there is nothing to do but edit those contacts.

If that is not it, you could go into the account settings, turn off contact syncing, allow it to delete all contacts on the iPad, then turn it back on. I recommend opening the Contacts app between these two steps, just to make sure the contacts got deleted. This would force a 100% re-sync with the Google database. That might clear it up. Be sure to do this only when you have a good internet connection.

Otherwise, I'm a bit stumped. All I can suggest is the usual restart and/or reset.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Warning: Make sure all your contacts are on Google and up to date before deleting them on the iPad. And remember, crossing the streams is bad.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts