What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change Display Name on @me.com account

bscholl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I bought my iPad, somehow the Apple store set up my @me.com account with a display name which is my husband's. I think I am using the correct terminology here, but to make it clear, when I send a photo from my iPad (for example), the recipient sees the sender address as "RICHARD XXX <my email address>". I have gone to "Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendars/Brenda's Email/Name" and the indicated name is my own. I erased it and reentered my own name, but this made no difference. The help desk at the Apple Store did something I could not follow on the iPad and said that would fix it, but the problem remains the same.

How can I change the display name to match my own so my contacts don't think that my husband is sending the email when it's really me?

Thanks

MrsH in Texas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured it out! On your iPad, go to Settings/iCloud. Click on Account when window pops up select Advanced/Mail and this will take you to iCloud Account Information - there you will be able to change your Name. After changing your display name hit Done! :) Hope this works.

Most reactions

Latest posts