What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last jailbreak question, I swear...

gouletjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok! I'm finally ready and I learned that Apple has released a 4.3.4 firmware. So, I own a ipad first generation. I'm on a 3.2 jailbroken IOS.

I updated my Itunes but I can't update because of the recent 4.3.4 firmware.

What are my options ? Should I downloaded the 4.3.3 firmware from the sticky post and run it ? and then visit jailbreakme.com. Am I correct ?

thank you... for your patience

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My first question to you is: Have you saved your SHSH blobs? If so, what version(s) do you have?

What you can do with your iPad, as far as upgrading the jail break, depends on the answer....

Marilyn

Riptides

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try and save your blobs first using that umbrella program, then you should be able to do that. Im a complete noob though so someone confirm before you take my word for it

OP
G

gouletjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I saved my blobs but It must have been a while using Cydia (probably my 3.2)

OP
G

gouletjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
g+SjbfoXCRNogAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

I used the latest TU and this is what I got. I know i'm a newbie but the log tab is confusing. Does this mean I have all the SHSHs listed on my print screen (see below) ?

Attachments

• TU.png
    TU.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:

ALcH3Mi5T

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If that is what it is showing, then you do have the latest blobs saved. I actually went through this this morning w my phone because I had to take it in to get exchanged. Download the 4.3.3 software. Then restore in iTunes w the shift-click method. I don't recommend using the TU tss server because that did not work for me at all. Instead, edit your host file. When I did that, it worked perfectly.

(luckily the new phone has 4.3.3 still so I didn't have to do it all over lol)

Riptides

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If that is what it is showing, then you do have the latest blobs saved. I actually went through this this morning w my phone because I had to take it in to get exchanged. Download the 4.3.3 software. Then restore in iTunes w the shift-click method. I don't recommend using the TU tss server because that did not work for me at all. Instead, edit your host file. When I did that, it worked perfectly.

(luckily the new phone has 4.3.3 still so I didn't have to do it all over lol)

Sorry whats the shift click method?

ALcH3Mi5T

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once you have the firmware- open iTunes. Hold down shift and click on restore at the same time... This allows you to browse for and select the firmware you have downloaded.

OP
G

gouletjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
first thanks ALcH3Mi5T, Lucky for you! with your phone lol

Let me see, if I understand the steps correctly

1. Update my firmware to 4.3.4 with Itunes
2. Download the 4.3.3 firmware from the sticky post, I presume. Which I did.
3. Edit my host file (with this part, I'm completly lost). Need some serious help
4. Restore with the shift click and select the firmware on step 3.

Anything else ?

ALcH3Mi5T

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gouletjo said:
first thanks ALcH3Mi5T, Lucky for you! with your phone lol

Let me see, if I understand the steps correctly

1. Update my firmware to 4.3.4 with Itunes
2. Download the 4.3.3 firmware from the sticky post, I presume. Which I did.
3. Edit my host file (with this part, I'm completly lost). Need some serious help
4. Restore with the shift click and select the firmware on step 3.

Anything else ?

Skip number one.
At this point there should be two hosts files. Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc directory. Do not edit the one that is the Umbrella File type. Open the default windows hosts file using notepad- it should prompt you. I have two entries in mine that are as follows

127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Copy and paste those two into the bottom of the hosts file anywhere after all the lines that begin with #.
I think the umbrella one has the same entries. save your changes.

After doing the hosts, make sure TU isn't running, start iTunes shift click and locate your firmware, and then confirm whatever pops up. After that you should be good.

OP
G

gouletjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. I'm lost regarding the role of my SHSH files in this procedure. should I do something with them ?

OP
G

gouletjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your help. It went well. My ipad is jailbroken in 4.3.3.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your help. It went well. My ipad is jailbroken in 4.3.3.

make sure you don't accidentally upgrade to 4.3.4, as it is only tethered jailbreak for now(except ipad 2, DONT update ipad 2 at all, no jailbreak past 4.3.3).

Most reactions

Latest posts