What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lack of response.

Abbas Wuyo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From the instruction at the forum page, every body is made to believe that you can ask any question on the ipad and answers will be give to solve your problem but i keep asking and there is no response to the question nor any assistance to that effect or is the forum not for all.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, I have read your posts and can only find one question to which you have not received a response. That is regarding an upgrade to your iPad. I am sorry but I do not understand the question! Is it that you want an iPad with more space or a new iPad? You also posted on the international forum and it could be that most of us do not check that one. I tend to check the general ones that apply to my devices. I have also posted a question and not received an answer. Most times people are very responsive and we all try to help each other. Sometimes it is a question that no one can answer. My unanswered one was regarding an app....probably no one had bought the app so could not help me! I did not take this as an offense. This forum is a great support and I have found so many hints, ideas, solutions, apps etc given by other members. Don't be discouraged and post again if you have questions.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your question about upgrading your iPad was posted today so many have not had a chance to read it yet. Just be patient.

Last edited:

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Could it be that not everybody is aware that this is not a help desk financed by Apple?
Could it be that most of those who send helpfull answers do it in their free time, not being paid for it by anything else than a nice "thank you" if it was of help??

Dear OP, please be patient - most of the ones who read the questions here try to reply best we can. The better formulated the question (as clear as possible) the easier for all to answer... (I did not read your questions as I just fly over the latest posts from time to time - having to work next to IPF and satisfy the needs of my big family as well...) stay put and be patient...

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could it be that not everybody is aware that this is not a help desk financed by Apple?
Could it be that most of those who send helpfull answers do it in their free time, not being paid for it by anything else than a nice "thank you" if it was of help??

Dear OP, please be patient - most of the ones who read the questions here try to reply best we can. The better formulated the question (as clear as possible) the easier for all to answer... (I did not read your questions as I just fly over the latest posts from time to time - having to work next to IPF and satisfy the needs of my big family as well...) stay put and be patient...

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Hmmmmm...I wonder how much time and money this forum saves Apple since people usually find many of their answers here as opposed to going to an Apple store or calling their tech support. I would be very interested to know. You are absolutely right though, most all on this forum and iPhoneforums.net have a passion for this stuff and it is actually rewarding to help people discover their devices and what they are capable of.

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You don't say where you are located, Abbas, so also remember that we all live across many different time zones around the world, so your post could take up to 24 hours before it has hit everyone's "daytime" and many potential responders may not look on here every day.

if someone does help you, post a thanks and an explanation of how their advice did or did not help - not only do we all like to be thanked from time to time(we all have egos!) it also helps others with a similar problem who may search the forum at a later date.

I've received some excellent help on here, some has worked and other hasn't and I have always posted [or at least tried to remember to post] post thanks together a note as to whether the advice worked or not - cue deluge of posts from people where I've forgotten to acknowledge advice! :p

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The fact is, some posts don't get any responses or correct fixes. This is a forum of iPad users who pool their knowledge, and no one is entitled to answers. You post a question and hope someone can help, and usually that happens. Posts that are clearly written and that include specifics tend to get answered. If no one is answering your posts, maybe there's a problem with how you're posting.

Personally, I don't answer vague or poorly worded questions. If the poster can't be bothered to post understandably or usefully, I can't be bothered with his questions. This forum is for fun; it's not a job.

If you're unhappy with the "service" here, you can always go to Apple instead.

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Abbas Wuyo said:
From the instruction at the forum page, every body is made to believe that you can ask any question on the ipad and answers will be give to solve your problem but i keep asking and there is no response to the question nor any assistance to that effect or is the forum not for all.

Now that you have our attention,ask the question to which you had no response again.

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
He just jumped the gun and has recieved a reply to his question in the other thread.

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
leelai
user-online.png

Super Moderator
r48.png

Member # 48665
Liked 162 times
Join Date Apr 2011
Location Brisbane, Australia
Posts 9,942

Hi to all and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discu...412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
Apple - Support - Manuals
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!
iOS5 Tips and Tricks
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
Forum rules - everybody please read!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF​

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to add the following. iPad forums does offer the best resource for information for any one whom owns an iPad or has an interest in purchasing one. In the past 2 years or more we have added many forums that address individual needs. With now more than 200,000 members our moderator team and admin are kept busy not only welcoming new members but also offering help and assistance where needed. We also have a group of dedicated highly experienced members lke kaykaykay whom visit here on a daily basis many whom live in different parts of the world in different time zones many whom offer their expert experiance in resolving issues. Both Leelai, one our highly experianced Super moderators and my self live in Brisbane Australia and are 18 hours ahead of west coast USA so we are often here when USA is sleeping. My point is when one posts a question in the forum it can take up to 12 hours or more for a response depending where you live in the world The most important request to any member is please post in correct forums and donot duplicate your posts and above all be patient...

I hope this assists the OP and any new members whom have just come on board.....

Enjoy our forums

Col.bris Administrator on behalf of our 14 volunteer moderators, super moderators and admin staff

Most reactions

Latest posts