What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knowing what you know NOW ~ would you still buy your ipad?

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to say that Jobs is an awesome marketer. When they first introduced the iPad at the keynote I was like....WTF?? Really?? A big iPod Touch.....why would anyone want that???

And pre-orders were to start in about a month.

Over that month I thought about it, and started really thinking about it.....and the more I thought the more I started realizing the potential this device could have. Then I started thinking of ways it could be used beyond its immediate intent....then I started thinking...wow, this really could be an amazing device!

Pre-order day came and I woke up early and considered it and decided not to do it.

I thought about it some more and the next day I ordered mine......I have been completely satisfied with that decision, it is by far the best device I have ever owned. Kudos Apple you made me happy! Now get with the MacPad and I'll shell out some more cash!

like you i saw something that made me start to think it could do some of the basic fuctions that i used everyday with my laptop that i packed with me for everyday use ..

--surf the internet ..
--send and answer emails as they where need
--keep track of things i need to keep track of
--listen to music
--play some games i liked to play--
--great battie life
--easly to use
--lightwieght
--easly to use applications for the ipad
--my phone went back to beening a phone not a do all device

along with now beening my main electronic device in my life when traveling for i have gotten ride of everything that i do not need and use the ipad as my main device in my life ..so now i no longer have to pack a mp3 player and power cord and other items i need to keep in the laptop bag for the devices i packed along ..now the bag is a lot lighter and my back is lot happy than it was before when carrying the laptop bag

Black Campbell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would without hesitation. I will most likely be buying the fiancé one for Xmas. I am thinking of buying the second iteration,as well, whe it hits.

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To answer the OP's question, NO I wouldn't buy the iPad.

I would buy a MacBook Air instead. It can do everything the iPad can do and a whole lot more with a bigger screen for movies.

Av8orCree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I used to lay in bed surfing the net on my wifes iPod touch. That is until this past Saturday when she surprised me with a 64gb, 3g toy for my bday. So far the iPad has been working out really well. I'm in the IT field, so I still use a laptop or PC at the office. But for surfing the net, reading books here at home the iPad suits my needs. I don't know if it'll get much 3G use though. Happy Birthday to me. :)

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yay! Good for you! Glad you are enjoying it! I like to lie in bed and play with it too. Lock that puppy, prop against the pillow and enjoy!

Perfect!

Gemnilocs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I had to do it over again, I would still purchase the iPad. I have no regrets whatsoever at this point in time.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
E*Trade just announced they will be release an app for Android.

Gray's Anatomy has an Android app, and CourseSmart is working on one. These are the only three apps keeping me with iPad.

Once an Android Tablet comes out that I feel confident about (likely the Notion Ink Adam) my iPad will be up for sale. It was a good product while it lasted, but it's time to move onto better things.

Last edited:

rocshaus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is temporary as all electronic devices. When a MacTablet comes though...I'll be seriously tempted ... again!:p
I thought the iPad was a "mac tablet"(?) (Not literally ofcourse.)

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Absolutely. Bought mine in May and bought my husband his for birthday in August. I bought myself a 64GB and my husband the 32. Love it even more with 4.2.1.

Most reactions

Latest posts