What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kingdom Age: Tips and Tricks

Blackbeltmikey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A great link to the Funzio forum that shows all of the building and upgrade costs:

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

suzyaraneta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here and new also into gaming. Hope I could get good advice for me to start playing.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Blackbeltmikey said:
Check out my guide on page 3.

Might be a better idea to quote the post number for that guide as each member can set their pages up different, what may be page 3 to you could be page 2 or even 1 for someone else. You can find the post number on the site.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

raze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New beginning

Started the game some time ago lvl 24 now, anyway to reset or start over? If I had known it would be this addictive I would have had a better strategy.

Blackbeltmikey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
raze said:
Started the game some time ago lvl 24 now, anyway to reset or start over? If I had known it would be this addictive I would have had a better strategy.

Check post number about 40 or so. No need to start over.

Blackbeltmikey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackbeltmikey said:
I have been playing for a few weeks and have several offers of advice. My first overall advice is that this is a game of patience. Time is your ally.

1. Get to 25 allies as soon as possible. Get allies by invading other people (you don't actually attack at this point) and select rival profile and look into the comments part for people spamming their ids. You can also see the strength of your rival at this point and the gold they to see if they are worth attacking. Once you have allies you can visit them daily for 25 free gold x 25 allies is 625 free gold every day (max free gold this each day).

2. It is pretty safe to level to level 15 pretty quickly...beyond this you should wait to make sure you have all money buildings for each level before moving forward. You should always be constantly upgrading, building, expanding your vault and expanding your kingdom.

3. Focus on defense early. The siege workshop is your best avenue early on. The ballista offers 9 defense at level 3. And then the blimp at level 7 offers a whopping 17. I found the other buildings only useful for quests. Get simple units early as that is all you can afford, but after that focus on quality.

4. You get three units for your army for every ally you have. Make sure you have enough weapons and armor for them. Cheap is key early. Money is better spent on units as that provides the best attack/defense for gold value. I always get the tavern twins for 8 gold and the footmans leather for armor at 32 gold each. Just having them makes a huge difference in attack/defense.

5. Always vault all your gold. People won't bother attacking you if they don't get anything out of it. I have only been raided a few times and even if they are much stronger than you, they will only attack once and then search for better rewards elsewhere. Conversely if you are raiding someone and they don't yield much, move on. Always check your opponents attack defense before raiding them.

6. Upgrading money buildings is tricky. If you are someone that can check the game frequently, you are better upgrading farms and cottages as they provide the most cash quickly and frequently. Whereas as if you only want to check a few times a day then you want to upgrade silos. You also have to weigh the benefits of cost and time. Higher level upgrades take longer and are more expensive than lower level upgrades.

7. You should also monitor your allies. You can have 5 allies for every level. If you have good defensive units that are equipped, you can have as many allies as you want, but this also put you in more elite company on raids. I choose to have my allies near the max.

8. If you find yourself getting destroyed, remove some allies, don't level and focus on upgrading buildings and units. If a few days your picture will improve greatly and it's much better than restarting. This process is known as turtling.

9. Unless you are independently wealthy, don't waste money on the jewels. You can get some cool units but at what price. The game also makes it real easy to accidentally waste large numbers of gems on reducing upgrade times. If you do spend gems, get the units you want immediately and don't stockpile the gems. Conversely, never raid or invade a gem player. If you go to their kingdom, look for gem buildings. If they have them, move on.

10. This should get most people going early on good luck and feel free to look me up 644-935-173 I will accept all allies if I have room.

Here is the aforementioned guide I posted.

Bigspottedcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Turtling?????

8. If you find yourself getting destroyed, remove some allies, don't level and focus on upgrading buildings and units. If a few days your picture will improve greatly and it's much better than restarting. This process is known as turtling.

THAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE READ IN AGES

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules*

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackbeltmikey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bigspottedcat said:

THAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE READ IN AGES

Sorry I am referring to turtling or camping which is a commonly used gaming term that means to stop moving forward to build defenses. What are you doing with turtles that would make it funny?

Bigspottedcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Misguided ill informed

Sorry I am referring to turtling or camping which is a commonly used gaming term that means to stop moving forward to build defenses. What are you doing with turtles that would make it funny?

Just BAD advice for this game! Knocking off allies is ridiculous. Max allies per level geared up to max units. What level are you Mickey Mouse? Ha ha.

Go and turtle yourself

Blackbeltmikey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bigspottedcat said:
Just BAD advice for this game! Knocking off allies is ridiculous. Max allies per level geared up to max units. What level are you Mickey Mouse? Ha ha.

Go and turtle yourself

That is only for people who have leveled too fast and are getting destroyed and are considering starting over. It is not like allies are hard to come by. It is only a temporary strategy until the person can catch up their resources to their level. If they keep max allies they will continue to get destroyed and wont be able to collect on the resources they have. If they shed some allies temporarily, their kingdom will only show up to be raided by weaker opponents and will be less likely to be raided thus gaining time to shore up.

It is the exact strategy you should use if you can't afford to have units and equips for your level. It is also better than starting completely over. The only way to level rapidly in this game is to spend hundreds of dollars expediting upgrades and buying units.

If you read the entire guide you would see that I am at max allies and am quite capable of defending and attacking any other player at my level unless they are well funded.

JoshT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Consolidated advice (many sources and a week of playing intensely)

1. Gather a few buildings first off by playing through the quests and avoiding battle. Players who battle you are listed on the news page, so you can return to them later once you are built up.

2. Buy foot solders / pike men, get swords, and armor. Avoid the magical units if you can until you can afford robes because they are easily killed.

3. Level up your buildings. L1 to L2 doesn't take long, L2 to L3 for some takes several hours, and L3 to L4 takes many hours for several buildings. Plan to upgrade later in the evening so that your longer upgrades work 'over night' or during the work day.

4. I really zero in on the rainbow hair in the attack list ... Just a thought.

5. Put up defense towers / bunkers as you expand, and level these up along with your bldgs. 'move' a building to see what it covers (covered bldgs turn blue).

6. You can do a lot of attacking biped types at the crossroads, and they tend to drop armor.

7. When spending skill points, always get 'stamina', up to a point. It is disappointing to get almost though a batter in some "map" location and run out of stamina. Later, it takes a lot of energy/stamina to defeat the enemies.

8. Avoid gathering allies until you are somewhat built up, and then do it slowly. From what I've read, the algorithm used to match players takes this into consideration.

9. Patience. This game benefits the player to has enough discipline / control to check hourly / half hour and gather gold. This isn't a 'quick game', like many other apps.

10. You *can* rearrange buildings, so don't 'expand' until you need to. After about 5 expansions they start costing a few thousand.

11. NEVER spend diamonds, and be VERY careful about new building and upgrades. Right after you build/upgrade there is a 'upgrade now' option which costs. I spent my own 15 bucks buying diamonds and gold, and wish I hadn't, because I ended up accidentally burning maybe 3.00 real dollars by tapping to quickly. You are much better off saving initial diamonds for advanced units.

Much thanks for this, help a lot )

thuthukoko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackbeltmikey said:
That is only for people who have leveled too fast and are getting destroyed and are considering starting over. It is not like allies are hard to come by. It is only a temporary strategy until the person can catch up their resources to their level. If they keep max allies they will continue to get destroyed and wont be able to collect on the resources they have. If they shed some allies temporarily, their kingdom will only show up to be raided by weaker opponents and will be less likely to be raided thus gaining time to shore up.

It is the exact strategy you should use if you can't afford to have units and equips for your level. It is also better than starting completely over. The only way to level rapidly in this game is to spend hundreds of dollars expediting upgrades and buying units.

If you read the entire guide you would see that I am at max allies and am quite capable of defending and attacking any other player at my level unless they are well funded.

I agree that this works. I leveled too fast and my attack list was full of rivals stronger than me. So I removed a few allies and got stronger units in fewer numbers. Then my rival list looked much better and of course less raids,

Mah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got a problem, I'm banned, and I want to create an account. When I enter the game, it screws me with "you have an issue with your account" so I can't reset the game. How can I create a new character?

Blackbeltmikey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mah said:
I've got a problem, I'm banned, and I want to create an account. When I enter the game, it screws me with "you have an issue with your account" so I can't reset the game. How can I create a new character?

The game is linked to your iTunes account. Players who try to restart find the same issue. I hate to ask what you got banned for, but it might be good to know so that others won't repeat it.

Most reactions

Latest posts