What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kingdom Age: Tips and Tricks

zsqysq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The key strategies summarized as following:
1. DO NOT level too fast
2. DO add every skill points on Hero Strength, despite saving a few for Stamina
3. Farm weapons and armors, do not buy them (unless you are generously buying in-game gems and coins with real money)
4. DO NOT add too many allies

<Explained>

For Advice 1 and 4:
The Battle List, where you pick your rivals and they find you, is working on a "equality-based" mechanism. That is, one always meet rivals with similar level and alliance number. A level 10 player with 40 allies could have all his buildings upgraded to level 3+ and a troop of 100+ advanced soldiers. But he could also be a noob with a small messed up army. And they would meet.
If you already added too many allies, remove some. (But not too much, or your will be surrounded by real nerds instead of meet lonely newbies.)

For Advice 3:
Every unit of your army could wear one weapon and one armor. Considering the size of an army increases fairly fast, buying them with coins is not a wise option. Killing goblins at the first map gives a very high drop rate of sword/armor sold at the price of ~10 coins. Later maps get better loot.

For Advice 2:
You gain XP every strike you hit on any monsters. Thus the more damage you do per hit, the less hit you would need to finish a monster, and the less XP you gain.
This is even more important if you need to farm for your army equipment.

Enough stamina is a must, and too much is a waste. From my personal point of view: 1/3 of level <stamina< 1/2 of level i.e. a level 10 player should have 3-5 stamina.

In addition to Advice 1:
Always try to buy the more advanced units, and do avoid the delicate ones.

kityip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could you help to advise how to sell the excess equipment ( Weapon Armor ) ? Tks !

Bigspottedcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would not call that "advice" complete nonsense, but its pretty close.

1. Leveling up is fun in the game! Get bigger armies and become a badass as quick as possible. Why sulk on junior levels killing goblins in the forest? Get a life and get out there! You are going to have to face the music eventually.

2. Wrong Wrong Wrong. Balance the skill out across all, but leave stamina low enough. Stamina replenishes quickly, so you don't need much. Without Army Attack & Defence, your land will be pillaged flat.

3. That is ABSURD advice. You have to buy armour & weapons for your army and will not be able to collect the volume required. If you have 100 soldiers, it would take hours of killing lvl 1 goblins to suit them up. YAWN. Simply kill a Dragon and buy cheap weapons for them all.

4. This is partly true. The fact is that you will face opponents with up to 10 allies more than you. That gives them a 30 point advantage on any attacks. Personally - I do not add allies for the sake of it. It depends on the size of my army. If you have 120 soldiers - you need 40 allies. Simple.

Zenobia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice for preventing the game from crashing every time you try to attack/raid someone lately? I think there is a bug in the animation because it takes away 1 stamina, goes to the animation screen, and before showing any units on my or the defender's side, crashes. It's really, really frustrating trying to play and not being able to attack anyone at all! Maybe 1 try out of 10 works. :/ (I have tried quitting the app and restarting it; does no good.)

Oh, and as for advice, I have some basic tips:

#1 Pick on someone your own size. That is, if you attack someone whose defense is much lower than your attack, it's never worth it - even if you gain a small amount of gold from them, you lose 1, 2 or even 3 of your own units, which cost a lot to replace. A net LOSS of hundreds of coins on what is called a "win."

Magic units, at least in the lower levels, all have "very high" casualty rates making them not worth the money 'cause they just die the first battle they are in.

Get a coliseum as soon as you can. A gladiator (available with level 1 coliseum) has a better attack than units available for coin from barracks until you level it to 9. And decent defense, too.

Don't add more allies until you have the units AND the weapons AND the armor to effectively make use of them.

Buy equipment and units for their offensive OR defensive value. For example, early in the game I bought a bunch of adventurer's swords and gloom scorchers. One of each costs you 48 gold and gives your unit +2 attack when attacking, and +3 defense when defending. Contrast that with a rusty sword which costs 100 gold (over twice as much as the other two combined) and only gets you 2 and 2. Cheap offensive equipment + cheap defensive equipment for your whole army, then supplement with weapons and armor of higher quality (and coolness) from the map quests.

ETA: Oh, and don't bother to get the lumber mill. Each level only reduces construction costs by ONE percent. I wish the game had a boost that decreased construction TIME, not cost. And by like 2% or 5% per level. That would be SO much more useful. Or one that allowed you to upgrade two buildings at a time.

Last edited:

BobFishcake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Other than burning money buying units and fighting other players and buying units etc I concentrate on getting gold per hour up (in main profile). This can be done by upgrading and buying gold producing buildings. Then I focus on land expansions and vault size. I'm now getting to the stage that I can have the four previous things being built/upgraded and have enough cash left over to buy units to fight. The point is that PvP comes last while I build the cash cow. Once I produce the most cash then in theory I should be able to beat most players at PvP. Other than that you tend to pick up loads of armor and weapons PvE.

Soonerboy99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Other than burning money buying units and fighting other players and buying units etc I concentrate on getting gold per hour up (in main profile). This can be done by upgrading and buying gold producing buildings. Then I focus on land expansions and vault size. I'm now getting to the stage that I can have the four previous things being built/upgraded and have enough cash left over to buy units to fight. The point is that PvP comes last while I build the cash cow. Once I produce the most cash then in theory I should be able to beat most players at PvP. Other than that you tend to pick up loads of armor and weapons PvE.

That's EXACTLY what I'm doing. I agree with your strategy. I think that's the approach to the game. I've avoided making allies but you and I seem to be on the same page. If you're interested then shoot me an email and we can exchange [email protected]

Stino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just began yesterday, so this may look like a stupid question.
But how do you (easily) increase your attack/defense?

don9292

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just began yesterday, so this may look like a stupid question.
But how do you (easily) increase your attack/defense?
Most advise this is not valuable, when you compare HARD TO GET points that can be used for stamina and hero strength. Now that I've played for a few weeks, I think that is good advice.

don9292

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Consolidated Advice (many sourcs and playing)

Consolidated advice (many sources and a week of playing intensely)

1. Gather a few buildings first off by playing through the quests and avoiding battle. Players who battle you are listed on the news page, so you can return to them later once you are built up.

2. Buy foot solders / pike men, get swords, and armor. Avoid the magical units if you can until you can afford robes because they are easily killed.

3. Level up your buildings. L1 to L2 doesn't take long, L2 to L3 for some takes several hours, and L3 to L4 takes many hours for several buildings. Plan to upgrade later in the evening so that your longer upgrades work 'over night' or during the work day.

4. I really zero in on the rainbow hair in the attack list ... Just a thought.

5. Put up defense towers / bunkers as you expand, and level these up along with your bldgs. 'move' a building to see what it covers (covered bldgs turn blue).

6. You can do a lot of attacking biped types at the crossroads, and they tend to drop armor.

7. When spending skill points, always get 'stamina', up to a point. It is disappointing to get almost though a batter in some "map" location and run out of stamina. Later, it takes a lot of energy/stamina to defeat the enemies.

8. Avoid gathering allies until you are somewhat built up, and then do it slowly. From what I've read, the algorithm used to match players takes this into consideration.

9. Patience. This game benefits the player to has enough discipline / control to check hourly / half hour and gather gold. This isn't a 'quick game', like many other apps.

10. You *can* rearrange buildings, so don't 'expand' until you need to. After about 5 expansions they start costing a few thousand.

11. NEVER spend diamonds, and be VERY careful about new building and upgrades. Right after you build/upgrade there is a 'upgrade now' option which costs. I spent my own 15 bucks buying diamonds and gold, and wish I hadn't, because I ended up accidentally burning maybe 3.00 real dollars by tapping to quickly. You are much better off saving initial diamonds for advanced units.

Rayzar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know why there is a number in the left hand bottom corner of where the units are listed for sale, example - pikemen have an X18, what does the # mean?????

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

zhqingfang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to get rune boxes? I've killed many monsters, invade & attack others but still didn't get any, any idea? Thanks :)

Most reactions

Latest posts