What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kindle on ipad

jim_joh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the ipad kindle allow you to read anything besides books such as daily newspapers, etc jim_joh

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Kindle iPad app doesn't support newspapers and magazines currently, just books.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You just have to try both and form your own opinion. Luckily they're free! I prefer iBooks. I like the two page layout and page turning. What I've bought, I found on Kindle and iBooks at the same price. I use Stanza for my oldest ebooks bought from Fictionwise, Kindle app for books bought while I was using my Kindle, and will be using iBooks for everything I buy from now on, unless it's not available!

just_mark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know if I can transfer me books from my iPad first edition to my iPad2? thanks.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
just_mark said:
Anyone know if I can transfer me books from my iPad first edition to my iPad2? thanks.

I should hope so. As long as it's on your iTunes on pc, you just sync the books through that. As long as it's still the same account.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like both, but Kindle has a lot more offerings. But the way I figure, heck, it's nice to have both. I use iBooks sometimes as a PDF reader too.

Reaction score
I use both, but like posted above , for different reasons.
The only book I have on iBooks is the iPad 4.3 owners manual. The PDF reader is very nice.
I use Kindle for books because it syncs between my iPad and my phone easily. I like that I can pick up on my phone right where I left off on my iPad or vice versa
In either app I get the double page layout in landscape mode but with Kindle I can also choose a black background for night viewing

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use both, but like posted above , for different reasons.
The only book I have on iBooks is the iPad 4.3 owners manual. The PDF reader is very nice.
I use Kindle for books because it syncs between my iPad and my phone easily.

I use kindle for all the same reasons, it is awesome how it syncs between my two kindles, my DroidX phone, my 3 PC laptops & my new ipad2.

~John

NoBite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You just have to try both and form your own opinion. Luckily they're free! I prefer iBooks. I like the two page layout and page turning. What I've bought, I found on Kindle and iBooks at the same price. I use Stanza for my oldest ebooks bought from Fictionwise, Kindle app for books bought while I was using my Kindle, and will be using iBooks for everything I buy from now on, unless it's not available!

+1 to everything said here. I use Stanza, Kindle and iBooks in much the same manner. The one reader I tried and deleted was Kobo.

just_mark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I should hope so. As long as it's on your iTunes on pc, you just sync the books through that. As long as it's still the same account.

Thanks, but how do I get them off the iPad and into iTunes, I'm assuming I've done something wrong here?

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:

Thanks, but how do I get them off the iPad and into iTunes, I'm assuming I've done something wrong here?

Are you wanting to transfer Kindle books to the new iPad?

If so, you can't transfer them into iTunes. You will need to download the Kindle app on the new iPad and log in with you Amazon account and go to the archived section and you can download any of your purchased books to your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts