What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kindle on ipad

just_mark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jman09 said:
Are you wanting to transfer Kindle books to the new iPad?

If so, you can't transfer them into iTunes. You will need to download the Kindle app on the new iPad and log in with you Amazon account and go to the archived section and you can download any of your purchased books to your iPad.

Thanks mate. I've tried that but my archived books don't then appear on my new iPad 2?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
just_mark said:
Thanks mate. I've tried that but my archived books don't then appear on my new iPad 2?

They should do, i think you need to contact kindle/Amazon and ask what's going on.

ipadparker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure you go to you Amazon account and point the books you want to load your new IPad to that device (I have 4 devices I can load to). I have various devices that I can send the books to and always forget to send to the correct device. After you do that just open the Kindle app on you IPad and they should start downloading.

Parker

just_mark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadparker said:
Make sure you go to you Amazon account and point the books you want to load your new IPad to that device (I have 4 devices I can load to). I have various devices that I can send the books to and always forget to send to the correct device. After you do that just open the Kindle app on you IPad and they should start downloading.

Parker

Again thanks, but what if you send to the wrong device? I've tried all this and my downloaded books don't appear in my account? Maybe Amazon don't like Australians?

ipadparker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sent my last book to my daughter's kindle. I was so confused. I went into the Amazon account and found all of our books listed with a click down box listing the device the book should be sent to. That is where you can change the device. You may need to add a new device?

I did all this through the IPad in the Kindle app by going to the home page and logging in.

Good Luck. We all love Australians!

Parker

just_mark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, solved my iPad / iPhone kindle registration problem. Turns out that a capital letter in your email signs you in to a different user account. No wonder my books were not sharing across my accounts!

Most reactions