What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keynote only HORIZONTAL view? Are you kidding me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shodka8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this the case or is there a way to change it?

I bought a keyboard doc for a reason...Why would Apple sell Keynote so it cannot function vertically....

Any thoughts? Am I wrong guys?

THx

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your right, and pages operates only in portrait. I think that is on purpose because of the expected use cases.

RobotRock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would you want to view a presentation in portrait? I'm sure powerpoint is the same for Windows PC's.

I was going to buy Pages and Keynote, but I heard the compatibility with Windows files is terrible. Anyone know of any alternatives?

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pages works in both portrait and landscape modes. And I'm pretty sure PowerPoint works when your monitor is in either mode.

OP
S

shodka8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would you want to view a presentation in portrait? I'm sure powerpoint is the same for Windows PC's.

I was going to buy Pages and Keynote, but I heard the compatibility with Windows files is terrible. Anyone know of any alternatives?

Its not just about viewing presentations, its about note-taking and editing too...

And yes Powerpoint with Windows PC is in "portrait" mode or landscape mode...

Glaee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it same with this gadget?
I just beat about this gadget..and wanna know whether it has the same function of what u mentioned above.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
By the way, I know this is an old post, but I was incorrect (or they changed it): Pages DOES work in landscape.

Hudmaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your right, and pages operates only in portrait.

Now you are just flat out wrong.

RobotRock, what you've heard is actually a lie. Keynote can handle all ppt documents without any issues whatsoever. But visa versa (.key in Powerpoint), that is where all the compatibility issues occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts