What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard Sounds on Ipad

ddewaal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you have the click sounds plus keep the rotation feature unlocked? On my settings, if I select one, the other changes. I can't seem to have clicks and screen rotation both at the same time.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can use the side button to set rotation lock or mute. When you pick one, you have to use the multitask bar to use the other.

For the multitask bar, double click on the home button and when the screen rises, swipe to the right (so that the bottom section moves right). At the far left after that swipe should be the controls to operate either mute or rotation.

Recap:
Side button = mute; you'll find rotation controls in the multitask bar
Side button = rotation lock; you'll find volume/mute controls in the multitask bar

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
D

ddewaal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for responding. I didn't know that this was possible. I learned something new, and I really appreciate your help.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My pleasure! Ain't this forum great for finding out stuff? I learn new things here all the time...

Glad we could help you out.

Marilyn

OP
D

ddewaal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Marilyn! Do you know how to change the page orientation from portrait to landscape in Pages? Sorry. I just saw your reply. I'm new to the forum. Still learning what is what. Thanks for sending my question on.

Last edited:

MiMiParis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ddewaal said:
How do you have the click sounds plus keep the rotation feature unlocked? On my settings, if I select one, the other changes. I can't seem to have clicks and screen rotation both at the same time.

My click sounds do not work?????

MiMiParis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MiMiParis said:

I don't enable rotation lock, but lost click sounds. May need a trip to apple store. Boo.

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ddewaal said:
Hi Marilyn! Do you know how to change the page orientation from portrait to landscape in Pages? Sorry. I just saw your reply. I'm new to the forum. Still learning what is what. Thanks for sending my question on.

do you mean the pictures need to be rotated so that they are in landscape mode? try the app called CROP SUEY HD.

it's very easy to use.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Strangely this is not possible within Pages. However, one of our most experienced posters, twerp poet, has found a workaround. If you import a blank document from Word that's in landscape mode and 'keep it' in the My Documents section of Pages, then - when you want to start a new landscape document - highlight, choose New and then Duplicate and you'll end up with a duplicate blank landscape document. Works great.

Also allows you to handle non-standard page sizes too by the same method.

Tim

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MiMiParis said:
I don't enable rotation lock, but lost click sounds. May need a trip to apple store. Boo.

i posted this on a different thread, but don't know how to link via the IPF ipad app... so here goes....

we may have had the same problem, so you won't need to go to the apple store...

this was my solution...

there's a "mute/play" toggle button that can't be accessed anywhere but by double-clicking the home button and swiping to the right (at the bottom, see attachment)... i didn't remember setting it to mute...

Attachments

• image-2604036831.png
    image-2604036831.png
    286.5 KB · Views: 252

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MiMiParis said:

Then you have the same problem that Marilyn described. The hard switch next to the volume control can be *either* Mute (no keyboard sounds only) or orientation lock and you can set this in the 'Settings' menu. Similarly the soft control, which you access by double-tapping the Home button to expose the multi-task bar, then flicking the multi-task bar to the right and there, at the very left of the screen, is the soft switch which, too, can be either the orientation lock or the mute control - this soft switch and the hard switch are simply swappable between each other - with one being orientation lock and the other mute, depending on how you set it up in 'Settings'.

Tim

MiMiParis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Then you have the same problem that Marilyn described. The hard switch next to the volume control can be *either* Mute (no keyboard sounds only) or orientation lock and you can set this in the 'Settings' menu. Similarly the soft control, which you access by double-tapping the Home button to expose the multi-task bar, then flicking the multi-task bar to the right and there, at the very left of the screen, is the soft switch which, too, can be either the orientation lock or the mute control - this soft switch and the hard switch are simply swappable between each other - with one being orientation lock and the other mute, depending on how you set it up in 'Settings'.

Tim

I ended up doing a "reset." it worked!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts