What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side switch not working

ara_1914

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just noticed today that games sound not working yet my music does; tried hard reset still d same; after reading some blogs, i realised that the prob was on the side switch. I already switch lock rotate and mute from Setting then turn off or on the mute or lock rotate logo from home button; i just cant seem to return it from the original setting: sound on while rotate on. Also when i tried to move the side switch up or down it doesnt show anymore the sound logo or rotate logo on the screen.

Any suggestions guys. Hard reset; sync to itunes was already done and still it doenst work

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try clearing all the apps from the multitask bar. double click the home button to open it, touch and hold an app icon until it wiggles. Hit the red - to close the app. Do to each. This worked for someone with a similar issue here in the last day or so.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there...I am going to move this to the Help section where you will get better attention. Right now it is in the POLLS section....

...and by the way, Welcome!!

Thanks!

OP
ara_1914

ara_1914

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
Try clearing all the apps from the multitask bar. double click the home button to open it, touch and hold an app icon until it wiggles. Hit the red - to close the app. Do to each. This worked for someone with a similar issue here in the last day or so.

I always clear my multitask bar because somebody told me that it can also consume my iPads' memory. My concern is that the side switch, even if you move it up or down, sound logo or lock rotate logo doesn't show on screen. If you move down the side switch this should enable lock or mute, but it doesn't seem to work

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If restart and reset are not working (I'm going to list them below, just so we know for sure we are talking about the same thing), I recommend trying Reset All Settings. (do not use the Erase All Content and Settings option)

You'll find this under Settings > General > Reset.

Chose the As new iPad option when offered.

Despite being a bit scary looking, this will not erase any of your apps, content, or accounts. It will default a lot of your other settings, making it necessary to go though and re-tweak things to be the way you want.

But it often fixes settings related problems. Especially right after an iOS update.

OP
ara_1914

ara_1914

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
If restart and reset are not working (I'm going to list them below, just so we know for sure we are talking about the same thing), I recommend trying Reset All Settings. (do not use the Erase All Content and Settings option)

You'll find this under Settings > General > Reset.

Chose the As new iPad option when offered.

Despite being a bit scary looking, this will not erase any of your apps, content, or accounts. It will default a lot of your other settings, making it necessary to go though and re-tweak things to be the way you want.

But it often fixes settings related problems. Especially right after an iOS update.

Tried it already but sad to say it didnt work..

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tried it already but sad to say it didnt work..

Then the only other thing you can try (that I know of) is a restore. Read up on it and make sure all your data is backed up; especially the data in the apps.

If that does not do the trick chances are it is a hardware issue, and you'll have to go through Apple. Hopefully your warrantee is still good.

Most reactions

Latest posts