What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard Exstensions

Mudrucker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way I can get tweak or mod for my native iPad 2 keyboard. I've seen in some apps a small button on the top right hand side of your keyboard that you push and brings up a fifth row at the top for indentions, bullets, numbering ect. If you know of a way to get this I'd be very muh appreciated. :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you cannot do anything with the stock/default keyboard. You'd have to jail break. Then, for now, the jail break tweak that we all got accustomed to using, 5-Row Keyboard, has not been updated for iOS 5.x. So, we are all waiting for an update (or an iPad-compatible edition of iKeywi). So, even the jail breakers are SOL.

Yes, there are apps that have various different keyboard keys. However, you can't set those keyboards as the default. The best you can do is type with the app keyboard and then copy/paste the text over. As of now, there is no way to use any other keyboard than the default in the stock Apple apps.

So, ultimately, I was of no help. But, now you know that, for stock, there is no way. And, for us jail breakers - we're waiting. Sorry to not be a better news bringer...

Marilyn

OP
M

Mudrucker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah yes. I am in fact a jail breaker. I have heard of the five row keyboard. As far as i know that only adds symbols that you would normally have by hitting the ".?123" button to the top, wich would come in handy but it's not quite what I'm looking for. :)

Thanks for the help!

Most reactions