What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just placed my order for an iPad on Apple Website...

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered the 64 Gig 3G model from Apple too......git tired of waiting on Best Buy to get them in. Now I need to research a good case for it.

OP
C

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine still says it's shipping June 8th. Only a little over a week to go!

mraif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered the 64 Gig 3G model from Apple too......git tired of waiting on Best Buy to get them in. Now I need to research a good case for it.

I've been waiting on Best Buy, too, but I'm ready to order online. One question --- when are you charged, order date or ship date?

OP
C

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I've been waiting on Best Buy, too, but I'm ready to order online. One question --- when are you charged, order date or ship date?

I think it's ship date.

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's definitely ship date. I ordered accessories with my ipad and I was only charged as they were being sent out. I got most of the accessories before I even got the pad.

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a 32gb 3G on May 19. The ship date was given as June 3 and delivery June 8. Yesterday I got a shipment notification, shipped June 1 and delivery June 4. So it's in transit and I'm hoping it does come in 3 days so my husband can play with it this weekend. I love mine!!!

Susan
Tapped out on my iPad

clickerman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad delivery date

I ordered on May 20 and received shipment notification today. The delivery date is June 3. This must mean they are shipping from the US if the notification is correct. I wonder if this is a change in policy.

John

Attachments

• ipad.jpg
    ipad.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 173

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered on May 20 and received shipment notification today. The delivery date is June 3. This must mean they are shipping from the US if the notification is correct. I wonder if this is a change in policy.

John

Mine is currently in transit to HK, so still shipping from China. Originally it showed delivery June 3 yesterday, but today it shows June 4 by 10:30 am. Seems quick, hope it's right!!

mobius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered mine yesterday...

Thought I'd add my order to the forum...

iPad WiFi +3G 16GB
Ordered: May 31
Ships: Jun 15
Delivers: Jun 18

Can't wait...:D

opronnie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
newbie waiting in anticipation...

i ordered my 32 gig 3g 19th of may. I only noticed at the checkout AFTER i paid that the shipping date was 7th june! I called apple and got through to a really nice american guy who sounded all apple pie and candy ( i'm in the uk and usually have to put up with indian call centres so not used to yanks on the end of the dog and bone!) so he says..." i'm sorry sirrrrrr, it will not be shipped until the 7th june!" i asked him from where, " China sirrrrrr!" like i should have known! i said to him " it doesnt say anywhere when i order i have to wait for it to be sent via hong kong!" he said " well thats where they all come from sirrrr!" so i said " well can i not print my ticket and go to my local apple store in Derby? UK?" he said " yes sirrrr of course. you can buy another one from there and then cancel your order with us........... but you might not get one on the day???" talk about sow seeds of doubt in my mind!!! so i said " i dont think it's fair that steve jobs goes on tv and talks about how innovative and savvy apple is then gets people to order online before the official release in the uk and dupes people into parting with in my case £599 only for me to find out they come from freaking china and are gonna take UPWARDS OF TEN TO 14 DAYS FROM FREAKIN CHINA TO GET TO MY DOOR SO IN REALITY I WILL BE GETTING MY NEW IPAD AT LEAST 3 WEEKS LATER THAN MY WORK COLLEAGUE WHO I BRAGGED TO THAT I HAD ORDERED MINE AND IT WOULD BE HERE ANYDAY!!!!!! WOULD STEVE BLOODY JOBS WANT ME TO HUMILIATE MYSELF THAT WAY??? HUH???? HUH???" so he said " well sir..... it will be worth it when you get it!!! is there anything else i can do for you today? have a great day sir and thank you for calling apple"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope its bloody worth it!!! :):):)....... of course it will !

Glistam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered my 32G Wifi on May 20th. The apple website updated with prepared for shipment this morning. I still have not recieved notification of shipment yet but am hoping it will ship soon. It does seem that Apple is shipping a little ahead of schedule (estimated ship date was the 3rd to the US). Here is hoping.

candafilm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well you guys are giving me some hope that I won't have to wait another 2 weeks for mine. We'll see.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For the sake of other anxious ipad orderers, this is what has happened with my order so far

Ordered May 19th
Ships Jun 3
Delivers Jun 8

Monday, May31 (a U.S. Holiday), I get an update that its prepared for shipping.
This morning, Jun 1, I get a shipment notification with updated delivery.
Ships Jun 1
Delivers Jun 3

Fedex tracking still doesnt say they've picked it up yet, but they lag on their updates to the web system. I'm glad its running early since I leave for vacation Sat Jun 5. If its not here by Fri (shipping is to my office), I have to wait over a week to get back from vacation and go in to work on Monday to see my iPad :(

UPDATE: Tracking shows its been picked up and in transit. Estimated delivery Jun 4.
UPDATE2: It arrived at my office today, Jun 3. (This is the day the original estimate said it would ship.)

Last edited:

mobius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the sake of other anxious ipad orderers, this is what has happened with my order so far

Ordered May 19th
Ships Jun 3
Delivers Jun 8

Monday, May31 (a U.S. Holiday), I get an update that its prepared for shipping.
This morning, Jun 1, I get a shipment notification with updated delivery.
Ships Jun 1
Delivers Jun 3

Fedex tracking still doesnt say they've picked it up yet, but they lag on their updates to the web system. I'm glad its running early since I leave for vacation Sat Jun 5. If its not here by Fri (shipping is to my office), I have to wait over a week to get back from vacation and go in to work on Monday to see my iPad :(

UPDATE: Tracking shows its been picked up and in transit. Estimated delivery Jun 4.

That's why I waited to order mine. Was on vacation last week, tried to find one while out of town...no one had any in stock. Went to three different stores this past weekend, one being an Apple store, no luck, and they couldn't tell me when they'd receive a new supply. So I figured I might as well go ahead and order from apple.com. I wish they'd hurry it up...I'm anxious :(

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad left Memphis, TN this afternoon, so should be ready to deliver tomorrow - hoping that's how it works out instead of the Friday delivery still showing with the tracking information!!!!!

Oops, that should have been my husband's iPad, not mine. I already have mine!!!! LOL

Susan

Most reactions

Latest posts