What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just joined

scrumjohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just joined this forum after buying my first iPad.

Bought the 3 it's great so far but few things not happy with.

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're liking your purchase but sorry to hear you have a couple of grumbles.
Welcome to the forum, theres lots of helpful people on here!
I'd recommend reading the forum rules (http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html) and looking at some of the stickied threads on here. Many of them are very useful, if you have time (and you'll need quite a bit) I'd also recommend reading the tips and tricks thread (search for it using the search bar) as that has some really useful pointers in it. A friendly reminder about any questions you may have, it's always best to search function to find something out first as the chances are your query has been answered before, whats more you'll often get a faster answer as it can take a while for someone to come along that can help sometimes. If however, you search to no avail, go ahead and post something (preferably in the correct section [speeds up your answer and makes less work for the admins]), chances are someone will be able to help.

Sent via iPF from my iPad2 iOS 5.1.

OP
S

scrumjohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing not happy with it appears that you can't use word or excel and not even the mac apps numbers or page are any good

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well sorry to hear that but I'd really urge you to persevere! Although I can't talk about the Numbers app (apples answer to MS excel) I can vouch for the fact that the pages and keynote apps are great, I use them regularly and find they have more than enough options. If however you're not happy with them there are many other word/excel/PowerPoint substitutes on the app store that are worth looking into.

OP
S

scrumjohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MrLuke said:
Well sorry to hear that but I'd really urge you to persevere! Although I can't talk about the Numbers app (apples answer to MS excel) I can vouch for the fact that the pages and keynote apps are great, I use them regularly and find they have more than enough options. If however you're not happy with them there are many other word/excel/PowerPoint substitutes on the app store that are worth looking into.

When I looked on app store the comments on all of these apps was quite bad to say it per lightly

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just joined this forum after buying my first iPad.

Bought the 3 it's great so far but few things not happy with.

Hi there- sorry to hear that you are not happy with a few things you mentioned. I personally use the Pages App and have had good success with compatibility with converting to Microsoft Word Doc without any problems. This is even after the latest update as well.

Maybe give us more detail as to what you are having problems with so we can help you. You can also do a Search as what Luke said earlier. There are many means to find solutions.

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad (original-New), Acessories, Apps, Help, and Apple News.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

OP
S

scrumjohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't installed the pages app only because it had such poor reviews on the app store

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scrumjohn said:
I haven't installed the pages app only because it had such poor reviews on the app store

I don't think the reviews are worth the pixels they're written on. I've found some apps had terrible reviews but they work quite well And others that had great reviews plainly suck. Try to look Up reviews on Internet blogs if you want a more balanced view.

OP
S

scrumjohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another thing un happy with.
Any photos or album you import from other devices you are unable to re organise those photos or albums because they weren't taken on the iPad.

One of the reasons for buying an iPad was to be able to do this whilst travelling between appointments on the train.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would suggest that you look at some of the threads that compare the various work apps like docs to go, pages, keynote, numbers, etc.

There are many threads created by our members that give straight up honest opinions of what is lacking or what is great about it.

You have many options in terms of apps to use. Good luck in your search.

OP
S

scrumjohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
I would suggest that you look at some of the threads that compare the various work apps like docs to go, pages, keynote, numbers, etc.

There are many threads created by our members that give straight up honest opinions of what is lacking or what is great about it.

You have many options in terms of apps to use. Good luck in your search.

Thank you

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to add, if you buy an app and it doesn't do what the description says it does then Apple will refund your money......so it's a no risk gamble, which isn't much of a gamble really.

The Archangel

OP
S

scrumjohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Just to add, if you buy an app and it doesn't do what the description says it does then Apple will refund your money......so it's a no risk gamble, which isn't much of a gamble really.

The Archangel

How would one go about getting a refund

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts