What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got my ipad today!

zoyaislam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my brand new iPad delivered to me by fed ex this morning, when I finally open up the box and connect my iPad to iTunes, I notice that my iPad has a scratch in the middle of the screen. I tried cleaning it with glass cleaner and soft cloth, but it would not rub off (so, it's a scratch). It's about 1/4 inch long. What should I do? Should I just live with it? This product cost me nearly 800 dollars so I would like to have something perfect in my hands...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my brand new iPad delivered to me by fed ex this morning, when I finally open up the box and connect my iPad to iTunes, I notice that my iPad has a scratch in the middle of the screen. I tried cleaning it with glass cleaner and soft cloth, but it would not rub off (so, it's a scratch). It's about 1/4 inch long. What should I do? Should I just live with it? This product cost me nearly 800 dollars so I would like to have something perfect in my hands...

Definitely do not live with it!! You worked hard for that $800 and bought what you had every right to expect to be a perfect unit. Return it to the nearest Apple Store for an exchange - but worth 'phoning them first to check they have a replacement unit in stock.

Tim

hazy2k11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would be on express delivery back to them for replacement i would not put up with any marks on my ipad never mind a scratch

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep replacen I doubt you'll have Any trouble trouble getting another one.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have an Apple store near you I would go in and see if they are able to give you a new replacement instead of doing the shipping back and forth. I would request a new one instead of a refurbished unit since you just got yours. Be sure to bing all your receipts with you.

OP
Z

zoyaislam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
If you have an Apple store near you I would go in and see if they are able to give you a new replacement instead of doing the shipping back and forth. I would request a new one instead of a refurbished unit since you just got yours. Be sure to bing all your receipts with you.

Thank you for all of your advice everyone! I took it to apple today and they replaced it for me no questions asked! I made sure it was new and not refurbished as well. I'm a happy camper!

Most reactions

Latest posts