What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got my I-pad 2...immediate assistance

rishi85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just received my Ipad and needless to say it is even better than I expected. I have already downloaded 17 apps and am having a ball. I do have some queries and would love it if I can get assistance.

1.) Because I am still used to the windows style, I want to know how to copy paste links or pictures...highlight the web link and such.

2.) Should I close down an app after I am done? I just punch in the big circle and hence "leave" every app, ipod and/or safar running- It is not causing problems I hope, or is it? Should I shut down something and if yes- how.

3.) How should I shut down my Ipad- never? It automatically hibernates in 5 minutes. Or should I shut it down through the main power switch- the one when the apple logo appears?

4.) I am wearing stainless gloves till now but it does become uneasy- I am unable to scratch my body for example. Can I use my bare hands to touch the screen because I do not want those stains/marks.

Thanks a ton guys.

AdAbro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2) Well if you are done using your iPad use should delete all the running apps! if you leave apps running it will slow down you iPad.

3) No you should not shut it down! You will be wasting soooo much time doing that! Just press the power button and it's off. No need to turn it off all the way!

4) DO NOT WEAR GLOVES! won't look good in public. If you get fingerprints on your iPad deal with it!
You can always wipe it off!!

Sorry I could not answer number 1! I only have a Mac! Never used a PC!
Hope this helped! :)

nhbeast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1.) Because I am still used to the windows style, I want to know how to copy paste links or pictures...highlight the web link and such.

Press and hold the link or picture, a pop-up will display asking what you want to do (ie. copy, or save picture, etc.)

2.) Should I close down an app after I am done? I just punch in the big circle and hence "leave" every app, ipod and/or safar running- It is not causing problems I hope, or is it? Should I shut down something and if yes- how.

I don't shut down all my apps all the time, but at night when charging I do.
To close apps, double-click the home button to view what apps are open, then press and hold one of the open apps. They will all then 'wiggle' and show a red - (minus sign) on them. Click the - on any app you want to close.

3.) How should I shut down my Ipad- never? It automatically hibernates in 5 minutes. Or should I shut it down through the main power switch- the one when the apple logo appears?

I almost never shut down my iPad. Sleep is good enough.

4.) I am wearing stainless gloves till now but it does become uneasy- I am unable to scratch my body for example. Can I use my bare hands to touch the screen because I do not want those stains/marks.

Bare hands work best, just carry a screen cloth to wipe it off as needed.

r12rtpilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ridesroadsandeats.com
I have a soft lens cloth that "sticks" to the inside fuzzy cover of my Targus iPad cover. It lives there permanently-every so often I peel it off and wipe the screen. I'd pass on the gloves. :D

PS-don't eat and iPad simultaneously-especially oily foods. DAMHIK:D:D

Steve

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find a little fried chicken grease can help with some apps.

Skeeball, StrikeKnight or first person shooters.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Reaction score
1) press /hold what you want,a menu pops up
2) an app called xsysinfo will clean up your ram for you when you open it and it does much more than that, well worth the cheap price.
3) Apple suggests power down about once a week and drain your battery about once a month
4) any micro fiber cloth , like comes with sunglasses, works well and the screen is not easy to scratch if that is a concern when cleaning also. A damp (not wet) paper towel works also for finger prints that are extra oily. Everything I've read says window cleaners and such should be avoided.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Last edited:

Most reactions