What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just a big iPod touch??!!??

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It really is a big iPod touch with a bigger screen and faster processor. From a hardware/OS standpoint, that's exactly what it is. I think that's a pretty big deal though. Its not "just" that. The bigger screen and faster processor makes all kinds of new software possible that could never be done on an iPod touch. It makes the same software that was available on the iPod touch far more useful and usable. I think if you look at what people are doing with the iPad vs what people are doing with the iPod touch you will see a huge difference. IPad users are doing a lot more web surfing and email. A lot less audio playing, and using a whole lot more productivity apps.

So, the hardware and OS may be "just" an iPod touch with a big screen and faster processor, but people are using them in completely different ways.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
And you could call a desktop just an over-sized laptop..... who cares......

Wow, this thread is a blast from the past :)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who cares. It's usually uttered by some one who has never used one, and has no idea what they are talking about.

I usually reply, yeah, it's like a big Itouch, what's your point?

ITA. They are just jealous because all they have IS the iPod.:D

I saved all my pennies for my iPad. It was a lot.:)

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, if a Touch and iPad are turned off and sitting on a table, the iPad DOES look like a big Touch. But once the power button is pressed, their eyes will be opened...

papa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is a Ipad just a large ipod touch?

Is a swimming pool just a large bathtub?

Making something bigger can make it totally different, with different uses..

Most reactions