What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just a big iPod touch??!!??

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How many people who have used their iPad for a while now ever consider that this device is just a larger version of an iPod Touch??

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not at all. It isn't really like anything else. It's not like a laptop, nor is it anything like the iPod Touch....it is an iPad. And there are plenty of other things coming out that will be like an iPad...but the iPad is pretty unique.

john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
I think that's a double edged sword. It's similar in that it's touch screen, runs apps, and has a similar interface. However, that should not downplay it's usefulness, improved battery life, increased viewing/interfacing area.

The landscape area allows it to do MUCH more than a touch/iPhone. Because of it's size, it has more practical uses than the touch does. however, there is still a place for the touch/iPhone as they're ultra portable (belt/pocket/purse) while the iPad is less so.

For example, I had a remote desktop app on my iphone, it drove me insane, the screen was just to small. Add to that my battery life was atrocious. Now I'll have a much easier time.

So is it a super sized touch... sure. Its a super sized, ipod touch that's faster, has better battery life, it's prime usefulness however, isnt in it's ability to store and play music; but in it's huge viewing/interfacing area.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find it quite curious that when people ask this question (as I've heard it asked / or stated at least a dozen times) it's said in such a way as to be derogatory: "it's JUST a large iphone or iPod Touch" But in fact that is what opens the horizon for this hardware and makes it so special.

Imagine I have you a one ounce gold coin - you would be happy. And then I gave you a gold coin that was 15 times the size and weight. Would you be happy - or would you say that it's just a larger version of the original gold coin?

What if I have you a really neat Porsche - one that was a foot long? You would hunker down on the floor and push it around - perhaps use the remote control - yelling "vroom vroom" as it cornered around the kitchen table. Now imagine I gave you a Porsche that was a lot larger - let's say the size of a car. Would you then say "this is nothing more that a larger version of my favorite little car?

See - this is really an unfair question.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FacePalm.jpg

Is this the first facepalm used on iPadForums? :)

Yes it is just a big iPod Touch, in the same way that Kobe beef is "just a steak"

Last edited:

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are some similarities but it stops there. This device will create an all new category.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who cares. It's usually uttered by some one who has never used one, and has no idea what they are talking about.

I usually reply, yeah, it's like a big Itouch, what's your point?

ARDOTBEE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is as promised.. This is a bridge between our iPhones (itouches) and netbooks.. Truly is a magical device

ayerbusiness

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those who have been using both the iPad and the iPod touch, they can say that the rumor about the iPad being an enlarged iPod touch is false. As we can see the iPad has larger memory compared to the iPod touch and the iPad has higher resolution than the iPod Touch. The iPad has a lot of advantages compared to the iPod Touch.

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, a REALLY big super iPod touch with an Apple-A4 1GHZ processor chip with super resolution and its faster. Plus who cares? The iPad is amazing.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts