What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.jpg attachemnt not viewable on iPad2?

JF7FSU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received an email with a .jpg attachment. I can view it on my laptop,but not on my iPad for some reason? It shows a paperclip on the iPad but it is nowhere to be found? Am I crazy or missing something here?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is the paper clip surrounded by a dotted line or a solid one?

If the line is dotted then the file is not downloaded yet. Tap on it and it should start to download. You can see the progress as xxMB of xxMB. When it is finished the line around the paperclip should turn solid. At that point you can tap and hold for a popup menu or just tap to view. You should have a Save option, that will save it to the Photos app, and an Open In... option that will save and open it in other compatible apps. If you are viewing the photo you should be able to tap and hold on it for the same menu.

That's how it works with my mail, on the rare occasion that the picture doesn't just show up displayed in the body. Both my main email servers are IMAP. If yours is POP, it may work differently. I'm not sure.

OP
JF7FSU

JF7FSU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It only shows a paperclip on the left side listing the emails. When I go into the right side for the content there is no paperclip and no content. That is what is weird. A friend sent it to me asking me about it if I could see it and I could not on the iPad or iPhone. On my Laptop (PC) I was able to download it and view it. It's almost liek the iPad is ignoring it.

Most reactions

Latest posts