What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JB iPad2 3G No Longer Works

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My husband allowed our son to JB his iPad 2, now the 3G doesn't work!!! Tried to reset to factory settings, but it will NOT allow. Only other option is to wait until he can access a computer to connect to iTunes abs try the restore that way. Has anyone heard of this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, blessed.

I've never heard of this, myself. I've moved this thread over to the forum's Hacking section so that others, who may have seen this situation, can see your question.

Next time, please, if you have a question, don't hesitate to post your own thread. It makes it easier for others to see it - plus, it'll match up with our forum rules (hijacking threads is a no-no).

Good luck on your answer.

Marilyn

OP
B

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm going to have to re-read the rules so I don't continue making mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The jailbreak really shouldn't mess with the 3G at all. Have you tried ejecting the SIM and doing a full reboot of the iPad? That normally fixes any issue with the signal, which happens JB or not.

biller007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure of any, but I've got a 3G and the only problems I've had with it are from tweaks I installed from Cydia, i have never had a problem from just being jb. Might want to just double check with him that he did not install anything from Cydia.

fre_ber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got scared when the iPad kept saying that the 3G network was restricted after installing the recent jail break update, but the good people here instructed me to simply reboot my device and that made everything fine again.

Most reactions

Latest posts