What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken iPad unable to restore or update

Status
Not open for further replies.

pingupink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've mistakenly jailbroke my iPad 4.2.1 using PwnageTool 4.3.3. Now I want to unjailbreak so I can jailbreak again using GreenPois0n.

When I google about unjailbreak, it says just restore the iPad. The problem is I can't restore or update as error 3194 keeps appear everytime I try to do so.

Please help me.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The reason you are getting the error is that you must restore your iPad from DFU mode. See the link in my sig for more details. If you put your iPad into DFU mode then the restore for 4.3.3 will work.

And why are you using greenpois0n? See the jailbreak methods sticky in the hacking section. This tells you all the tools which are suitable by the version of iOS. You should be using redsn0w for 4.3.3 by the sounds of it, unless you really want to remain on 4.2.1 for some reason??? I can't think why.

If you do want 4.2.1 again, you MUST have SHSH Blobs available for 4.2.1. Again, see the link in my sig for details about this.

Last edited:
OP
P

pingupink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@f4780y I have tried restore my iPad using your way. But still got error 3194. :(

My problem here is my iPad already have Cydia even though I have jailbroken it using PwnageTool 4.3.3. For your information, the iPad is running iOS 4.2.1.

Cydia that I have on my iPad is quite different from what I see in Internet. For example for tab "Manage" is replaced with "Installed".

When I try to sync cracked apps, an error appears like my iPad is not jailbreak yet.

Please help me. I just want to put cracked apps into my iPad. :(

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I try to sync cracked apps, an error appears like my iPad is not jailbreak yet. Please help me. I just want to put cracked apps into my iPad. :(

I wish you'd mentioned that at the start. We don't support piracy at iPadForums. It is strictly against our rules.
Discussion of pirated or cracked applications and any methods associated with enabling their use, such as posting app or repository names, is forbidden on this forum. Piracy is illegal and the staff of iPadForums.net neither condone nor support it in any way.

THREAD CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts