What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreaking the ipad 3

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
A question for you all...how long after release do you think we will be able to jailbreak the ipad 3? Or will it depend on what specs it has?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
This all depends on what iOS version it is running.

If it comes out with version 5.1 those who are into making jailbreaks have already had time to start working on the jailbreak and if they don't already have a working jailbreak it shouldn't be long after that.

If it is version 6.0 like some websites are finding in their server logs, it could be anywhere from right after the launch to a month or two. There is no real answer however I don't think any device has gone longer than a month or two before having a jailbreak available.

the key is that its less dependent on the device and more dependent on flaws in the version of iOS that it runs. While iOS 5.1 is not publicly available yet, its freely downloadable for app developers and can already be looked at.

OP
freebirdforever

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Pretty much what I figured lol. Hopefully it will ship with 5.1. I think they'll use 6 as a launchpad for iphone 5

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts