What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new ipad 3 owner questions

tonyvr4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought a used iPad 3 (MC744LL/a) and was wondering how I could tell if it was global or us version or if it makes a difference?

Also, it came with iOS 6.1.3 and I was wondering if there was any way to downgrade so that I can jailbreak?
I have jailbroken my iPhone 4 so I am familiar with the procedure

Thanks all
Tony

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just bought a used iPad 3 (MC744LL/a) and was wondering how I could tell if it was global or us version or if it makes a difference?

Also, it came with iOS 6.1.3 and I was wondering if there was any way to downgrade so that I can jailbreak?
I have jailbroken my iPhone 4 so I am familiar with the procedure

Thanks all
Tony

A Google search reveals that the model number you provided is for a Verizon model iPad. It also is an LTE model for Verizon. So, it's a US model, tho I believe it will work overseas (you just won't get the LTE - only 4G).

And no, sorry, but you cannot downgrade the iOS. Once it's on iOS 6.1.3, there it stays. You cannot jail break iOS 6.1.3 - you'll have to wait until one is found for iOS 7.

Marilyn

OP
T

tonyvr4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, that is an awesome search you did. Thank you

What a bummer about the iOS. I saw this on youtube thought I could do it on the iPad

Last edited by a moderator:

danclarete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
conferencecentral.net.au
Any iPad can work from one country to another and there is no issue on that, so please don't mind it if its U.S. version or not. With the iOS I agree that you cannot downgrade it as I'm also like you before who wants it to be downgraded but unfortunately there is no way to do that.

jgelety

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can downgrade your iOS but sadly it's restricted to iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS or a 4th generation iPod touch only. Last I've seen the 4S, 5, 5th gen ipod and iPads aren't able. And even then you need your device specific SHSH blobs with the correct iOS version you want available to do the downgrade. I'm the same as you. I received a refurbished iPad 3 with iOS 6.1.3 so no way to downgrade. We all just have to wait until iOS 7 comes out and they complete the untethered break. They're working on it now buts its on the iOS 7 developers version so you know the official version will have changes prior to release. Heck I'd kill for even a tethered version for 6.1.3 right now. Instead I'll be waiting a few more months.

Most reactions

Latest posts