What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreaking Methods for the iPad

rkmoray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a newbie to the ipad. My ipad2 is only 1 week old(still in diapers). What is the benefit of jailbreaking?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am a newbie to the ipad. My ipad2 is only 1 week old(still in diapers). What is the benefit of jailbreaking?

Welcome. Search is your friend! If you search the forums for "benefits of jailbreaking" you should find LOTS of information. Make sure you look at all the stickies in the hacking section too...

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score

:D
Click the 1st link in my sig for starters and then the 2nd for the most popular of the many tweaks found in cydia...

rkmoray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a little confused.
Simple question.
IS there a JB available today for Ipad 2 4.3.3?

pyrogram

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I directly go from a 4.2.1 redsn0w tethered JB to 4.3.3 untethered or do I have to go through all updates?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
pyrogram said:
Can I directly go from a 4.2.1 redsn0w tethered JB to 4.3.3 untethered or do I have to go through all updates?

You do not have to upgrade via all the interim updates. You can simply upgrade to 4.3.3 and jailbreak. There is a sticky in the tutorials and guides section (linked in my sig) which explains my jaibreak upgrade process. I would suggest you look at that and follow it... You can always miss out the pkgbackup piece if that does not matter to you...

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
redsn0w 0.9.6 - Windows and OSX - Firmware 4.3.3, 4.3.2, 4.3.1, 4.3, 4.2.1, and 3.2.2 via jailbreak payload, available from Dev-Team Blog

Guys,
1. From where I could download a latest version of redsn0w to jailbreak my iPad (first generation) on Windows platform?
Thepirate bay link in Dev-Team Blog doesn't open for me.

2. I also noticed that there're many versions of 0.9.6 (rc15 etc.). What should I use for iPad iOS 4.3 and later?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
bullka said:
Guys,
1. From where I could download a latest version of redsn0w to jailbreak my iPad (first generation) on Windows platform?

2. I also noticed that there're many versions of 0.9.6 (rc15 etc.). What should I use for iPad iOS 4.3 and later?

Pirate Bay links? RC15? I have no idea where you are looking...

Follow the link provided to the dev-team blog. On the front page, the first article is entitled "tic tac toe'
Towards the end of this article, just below UPDATE 3 are links to rc18 of redsn0w for Windows or Mac. These are the only two links you need for redsn0w. Both take you directly to the dev-teams google code download page where you always get the latest version.

Last edited:

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
bullka said:
Guys,

Pirate Bay links? RC15? I have no idea where you are looking...

Follow the link provided to the dev-team blog. On the front page, the first article is entitled "tic tac toe'
Towards the end of this article, just below UPDATE 3 are links to rc18 of redsn0w for Windows or Mac. These are the only two links you need for redsn0w. Both take you directly to the dev-teams google code download page where you always get the latest version.

Thanks! I just didn't bother to scroll down where the link to rc18 is. And now everything's clear.

BTW: here's the link to the pirate bay: and this link doesn't work.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
bullka said:
BTW: here's the link to the pirate bay and this link doesn't work.

I can honestly say I never noticed or followed that link before. It is very old, however it does work for me. It hosts lots of their old software torrents (pwnage tool etc. from 2009).

I'll update my instructions at some point so folks don't make the same mistake again... Cheers.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have updated the main post with details of the iPad2 jailbreak.

Christine74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! Is there a way to remove or recover the pass code on iPad without re storing it & deleting history? I Went to the store and the said no. It's not stolen I have the box and receipt.thanK you.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts