What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak screw up -

Encore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a newbie to the forum and the jailbreak concept intriqued me - except - jailbreakme is now telling me that the "installer crashed last time, etc..." . When I "slide to jailbreak" I'm given a warning that I have already "jailbroken" and any other attempt would be harmful.
So I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. I don't know if JailbreakMe is installed or not? Any thoughts.
If I decide to restore my iPad to get rid of the crashed Jailbreak, am I able to save my contacts and my calendar, my Kindle books and Office HD or will I lose it all - crap!.
Also, right after the "installer crashed", I lost my iPad Fracebook, CNN and MSNBC apps and cannot figure out where to find them again. I go into the App store and they don't have these apps for the iPad.
My whole world has gone to hell.
Help please!

Bajabloke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a newbie to the forum and the jailbreak concept intriqued me - except - jailbreakme is now telling me that the "installer crashed last time, etc..." . When I "slide to jailbreak" I'm given a warning that I have already "jailbroken" and any other attempt would be harmful.
So I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. I don't know if JailbreakMe is installed or not? Any thoughts.
If I decide to restore my iPad to get rid of the crashed Jailbreak, am I able to save my contacts and my calendar, my Kindle books and Office HD or will I lose it all - crap!.
Also, right after the "installer crashed", I lost my iPad Fracebook, CNN and MSNBC apps and cannot figure out where to find them again. I go into the App store and they don't have these apps for the iPad.
My whole world has gone to hell.
Help please!

first up i would say look for cydia on your ipad, if its not there then your ipad is not jailbroken. Restore your ipad with itunes, once it has been restored run the jailbreak again.

with regards to facebook and cnn apps, just reinstall them, but be aware there is no native facebook app for the ipad, only a blown up iphone version. i would just go to safari and use facebook like you would a mac or pc. its much better

OP
E

Encore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Cannot see Cydia app on my iPad, so I guess I don't have JailbreakMe, although it says I do, maybe, almost. Who knows. But I think I'll just leave it status quo, and not do a restore. Don't want to mess with my contacts and calendar.
Its interesting that I lost the 3 apps and cannot dowmload new ones for an iPad. The app store only gives me iPhone ones.

LGgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you should get this cleanly JB or reset to factory, leaving it in what ever state it is in will most likely give you problems in the future.

In the future if you download apps directly to the iPad it's a good practice to sync with itunes so you will have a backup copy of the app. If anything happens to the iPad you can restore from itunes and you will get all your app,contacts, photos etc
back.

OP
E

Encore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks LC.
I clearly am starting to have some small problems, so I may as well bite the bullet and restore. Is there an easy way to save my calendar?

Shambone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you rebooted since the jb, cydia doesn't show up on some iPad until a reboot has been carried out. Failing that, I was getting the error message when I jb mine and it turned out that if you have a screen lock in place the best thing to do is take it off before jb, see if that works.

Wolf73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you should get this cleanly JB or reset to factory, leaving it in what ever state it is in will most likely give you problems in the future.

In the future if you download apps directly to the iPad it's a good practice to sync with itunes so you will have a backup copy of the app. If anything happens to the iPad you can restore from itunes and you will get all your app,contacts, photos etc
back.

hi, i jb my ipad but i seem to be unable to sync with itunes. when i plug in the ipad, it request me to delete the apps from cydia, if i say YES, all cydia apps gone. please advise. i am more concen in sync my pics, calander, contact, etc.....

thanks in advance for advise

simonnouwens

iPF Noob
Reaction score

back.

hi, i jb my ipad but i seem to be unable to sync with itunes. when i plug in the ipad, it request me to delete the apps from cydia, if i say YES, all cydia apps gone. please advise. i am more concen in sync my pics, calander, contact, etc.....

Same thing here man. Already found a solution?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team

back.

Same thing here man. Already found a solution?

has nothing to do with JB.
in itunes right click your ipad and select transfer purchases. Your ipad has apps that are not in itunes, syncing with itunes removes all apps except what you have in itunes.

simonnouwens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in itunes right click your ipad and select transfer purchases. Your ipad has apps that are not in itunes, syncing with itunes removes all apps except what you have in itunes.

Yea, but in itunes it says your not autorized to sync that (cracked) apps, because somebody else bought them.. Have been searching the internet for quite a while now but there doesn't seem te be a good awnser..

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team

Yea, but in itunes it says your not autorized to sync that (cracked) apps, because somebody else bought them.. Have been searching the internet for quite a while now but there doesn't seem te be a good awnser..

well, then remove your illegal cracked apps.

again, this has nothing to do with jailbreaking. Its just that you are stealing.

Most reactions