What's new
Apple iPad Forum šŸŽ

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jailbreak or hack ipad 3rd gen A2377

13117015N

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I have an Ipad 3rd gen A2377 right now running IOS 16.5.1 (c). Is there anyway to jailbreak or hack this device as I need to track key strokes and website activity for safari where I can see the exact pages (sub urls) of content for sites visited not just the general website domain. I can see the websites visited through my home wifi logs but not the details. It is my personal ipad and my personal home wifi. If this is not the right forum or platform to find information, would someone mind directing me to the appropriate forums, discussion groups? Thank you so much:)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

As far as I know, thereā€™s no jailbreak for iPadOS 16.5.1 at the moment. Itā€™s also not possible to downgrade. Apple stopped signing software versions below the one youā€™ve installed in your device.

Just to name the device correctly: According to the model number, you own an iPad Pro, 11-inch (3rd generation), released by Apple in 2021, with the Apple M1 chip.

OP

13117015N

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

As far as I know, thereā€™s no jailbreak for iPadOS 16.5.1 at the moment. Itā€™s also not possible to downgrade. Apple stopped signing software versions below the one youā€™ve installed in your device.

Just to name the device correctly: According to the model number, you own an iPad Pro, 11-inch (3rd generation), released by Apple in 2021, with the Apple M1 chip.
Thank you for letting me know. I was afraid of that. Do you think this may be something that will be possible in the future? Also, is there any apps that you know of that can capture or record the screen or activity remotely? Thanks again!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, no idea whether or not thereā€˜ll be a jailbreak for the software installed on your device in the near future.

Thereā€˜s an app called Splashtop SOS which can be used to remotely control an iPad. No idea whether or not it can also record the screen. Originally, itā€˜s meant to help a technician providing help on a different device remotely.

Itā€˜s possible to switch the control of your iPad to a different iDevice. Both devices have to be connected to the same Wi-Fi and Apple ID. Thereā€˜s no app necessary. You find the feature in Settings - Accessibility - Control Nearby Devices. Iā€˜ve tried it, but I couldnā€˜t find the option to record the screen. Maybe itā€˜s different on your devices.

Thereā€˜s also Switch Control, a feature that allows controlling another Apple device:

Hope that helps.

OP

13117015N

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, no idea whether or not thereā€˜ll be a jailbreak for the software installed on your device in the near future.

Thereā€˜s an app called Splashtop SOS which can be used to remotely control an iPad. No idea whether or not it can also record the screen. Originally, itā€˜s meant to help a technician providing help on a different device remotely.

Itā€˜s possible to switch the control of your iPad to a different iDevice. Both devices have to be connected to the same Wi-Fi and Apple ID. Thereā€˜s no app necessary. You find the feature in Settings - Accessibility - Control Nearby Devices. Iā€˜ve tried it, but I couldnā€˜t find the option to record the screen. Maybe itā€˜s different on your devices.

Thereā€˜s also Switch Control, a feature that allows controlling another Apple device:

Hope that helps.

OP

13117015N

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I tried to figure out the switch control and although I'm pretty tech savy I couldn't get it to work. Thanks again.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are parenting apps that log your iPad's internet activity, I'm not sure what level of detail they provide. They normally work by connecting your iPad to a VPN server and logging that traffic.

There are alternate touch screen keyboards. Some of them might allow key logging. They would be required to inform you and make the feature opt-in, since they require a certain amound of trust in the app provider. I couldn't find one with a casual search, so if they exist it will take some research.

If looking at the websites source code would help, iCab Mobile and a few other browsers allow you to see a site's source code. You might also find some helpful tools if you search for web developer tools.

OP

13117015N

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are parenting apps that log your iPad's internet activity, I'm not sure what level of detail they provide. They normally work by connecting your iPad to a VPN server and logging that traffic.

There are alternate touch screen keyboards. Some of them might allow key logging. They would be required to inform you and make the feature opt-in, since they require a certain amound of trust in the app provider. I couldn't find one with a casual search, so if they exist it will take some research.

If looking at the websites source code would help, iCab Mobile and a few other browsers allow you to see a site's source code. You might also find some helpful tools if you search for web developer tools.
Thank you for your reply. The parent control apps that I looked at are not compatible with this ipad and IOS 16. I'll check out the keyboards and the web developer tools. Have a great day!

Most reactions

Latest posts