What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak or downgrade to use external mic?

snapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad 3, camera connection kit, and a blue yeti mic. From what I've found, right now I'd have to buy a powered usb hub to get everything to work, or I'd have somehow downgrade to, I believe, ios 3.2, and right now I have ios 6.
Read about jailbreaking, and I'm still a little fuzzy on the topic, but as soon as there is a way to jailbreak my ipad, can I change the settings to allow external devices to draw more power? Or is there a way to just downgrade the ios, and would that screw up all of my painstakingly synced apps and things?
Itunes is such a pain. Quite frustrated and confused.

Thanks!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you are talking about Jailbreaking or downgrading I have moved your post to the Hacking section to get you the help that you need. One thing is for sure, if you've never had this device jailbroken then you won't be able to go to an earlier version of iOS......good luck!

The Archangel

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, I'm afraid you are out of luck :(

There is no way to downgrade your device to 3.x (3.x was for the iPad1 only) and there are no tweaks which enable devices to draw more power (like they could in the 3.x days) on any jailbroken device. It is highly unlikely that a tweak like that will appear even when IOS 6 is jailbroken, since it is considerably more complex than it sounds. It is not just a simple hack of a file or setting.

You will just have to hope that a powered USB Hub will work.

Last edited:
OP
S

snapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, I'll probably just have to get the usb hub. (what's another 20 bucks at this point?)
It's just aggravating that a device wouldn't even come with any easier way to connect things or additional storage. -.-

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
snapple said:
I have an ipad 3, camera connection kit, and a blue yeti mic. From what I've found, right now I'd have to buy a powered usb hub to get everything to work, or I'd have somehow downgrade to, I believe, ios 3.2, and right now I have ios 6.
Read about jailbreaking, and I'm still a little fuzzy on the topic, but as soon as there is a way to jailbreak my ipad, can I change the settings to allow external devices to draw more power? Or is there a way to just downgrade the ios, and would that screw up all of my painstakingly synced apps and things?
Itunes is such a pain. Quite frustrated and confused.

Thanks!

At the current time there is no way at all to downgrade your iPad 3 from iOS 6 to a version of iOS that predates the introduction of your iPad.

Last edited:

Most reactions