What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak File Transfer Question

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Those of you who have already jailbroken, does this enable some kind of USB stick mode or do you need something else?

-Numb

rtking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Those of you who have already jailbroken, does this enable some kind of USB stick mode or do you need something else?

-Numb

Once you jailbreak the iPad, you will need to install OpenSSH from Cydia. then you can use PuTTy or some other SSH program to work wirelessly through your router to gain access to your iPad and it's file structure.

OP
NumbLock

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hm...you can wireless transfer now. How is the Cydia version better?

Laren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is Jailbreaking all about, why should I jailbreak my iPad? I'm not asking now to jail break the iPad (numerous YouTube for that), what additional feature do I get after jailbreaking?

OP
NumbLock

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My major motivation is moving files back and forth without using iTunes or WiFi. Not possible jailbroken?

Most reactions

Latest posts