What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes vs iPad Photos

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
In fact one pet peeve I have with the Camera Connection Kit is that it copies your photos on to the IPad but there is no officially sanctioned way to get them off the iPad later on ( at least I don't think there is). I had assumed that I could use the iPad as a backup device for my photos while traveling.
Yes you can. I just deleted a couple! Use the rectangle with the arrow flying out of it, then select the image you want to delete, and then press delete (twice - you will understand when you do it). Pretty easy actually.

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In fact one pet peeve I have with the Camera Connection Kit is that it copies your photos on to the IPad but there is no officially sanctioned way to get them off the iPad later on ( at least I don't think there is). I had assumed that I could use the iPad as a backup device for my photos while traveling.
Yes you can. I just deleted a couple! Use the rectangle with the arrow flying out of it, then select the image you want to delete, and then press delete (twice - you will understand when you do it). Pretty easy actually.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I know that you can delete photos from the iPad as you describe, what I meant was to copy the files off the iPad to a computer or portable hard drive, as a backup copy.

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I know that you can delete photos from the iPad as you describe, what I meant was to copy the files off the iPad to a computer or portable hard drive, as a backup copy.
Ahhh, yes, that's a different story! Fortunately I never have to do that (yet).

Most reactions

Latest posts