What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes slayer?

Montereybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got Spotify yesterday. Any song you want is streamed for free. How will iTunes compete with this?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My music, anywhere and when I want it, internet or not.

I consider Spotify and other streaming services as complimentary, rather than replacements for keeping my own (offline) library.

It may decrease my buying, because I won't pay for songs until I've heard them often enough to know I want my own copies, but it won't stop me from accumulating a core library of the music I love.

OP
M

Montereybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, that's true. I can't load my iPod from Spotify. Do you think apple would allow an iPad Spotify app?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Montereybob said:
Yes, that's true. I can't load my iPod from Spotify. Do you think apple would allow an iPad Spotify app?

Since there is already an iPhone app I doubt Apple would block an iPad version. It is just a matter of whether Spotify makes one.

autumnbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The description in iTunes says you can use it on your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard this is a free service. How do they pay the artists for their music? Im guessing advertising.

OP
M

Montereybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GenerationX said:
I heard this is a free service. How do they pay the artists for their music? Im guessing advertising.

Yes, ads and the premium subscriptions fees.

Most reactions

Latest posts