What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes and Spotify

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have some questions about iTunes and using Spotify. Most of my iTunes music is saved in whatever format Apple uses; unfortunately this is not compatible with Spotify. So, one day I tied up my computer for the better part of a day converting all the music to .mp3 so I could integrate my iTunes music into my Spotify playlists. Seemed like it worked, but the next time I logged in it wouldn't play again.

Can someone help me? I did some research and it seems that I'll lose some sound quality by converting my songs, but not enough for me to really care. I just want to build playlists that include music from Spotify and music from iTunes. Is this possible? Thanks tons!

OP
M

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have; they aren't much help. They just tell me what is and isn't compatible. My main question is how do I convert all my iTunes music to .mp3. I thought I had, but they seem to have reverted back.

I'm wondering if there is another forum that might be more appropriate. I just asked here, thinking some of the iPad users might be well versed in iTunes, as well.

Thanks, anyway.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I know iTunes itself fairly well, but I've never tried what you are doing. And I have no idea what Spotify needs to work properly.

You can check to see that the files are still mp3 by right clicking in the title bar (artist, album, etc) and turning on the Kind column, then select it to sort by Kind. The mp3 files should show up as "MPEG audio files". Right click and choose Get info for more details. The "Where" section at the bottom of the Summary tab will show you the full file path, which should end in a file name with the .mp3 suffix. You can click Next to go to the next file to move through the library.

This, at least, will let you know whether the files are actually mp3 in iTunes.

iTunesKindView.png

That's about all I can help. Sorry.

Most reactions

Latest posts