What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music Streaming Service on iPad

rn16530

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm considering joining one of the music streaming subscription services (MOG, Rdio, Spotify, etc.) to use on my iPad in my truck. I use Pandora now, but would like a little more control over hearing specific songs. I would like it to have a native iPad app or even an iPhone app that I can use on the iPad. As I'm using it in a mount in my truck, an app that supports landscape would be even better for the aesthetics. If anybody has any input, let me know!! Thanks.

OP
R

rn16530

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't be against it, but I was looking for more control of what I listen to. I've heard you can listen to specific songs or albums or make your own stations on the services.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't be against it, but I was looking for more control of what I listen to. I've heard you can listen to specific songs or albums or make your own stations on the services.

I've used both MOG and Slacker. I'd suggest (a) comparing costs; (b) seeing if the service offers a trial membership; and (c) if so try looking at the scope of content available on a particular service before committing to a paid membership.

I've been impressed by both MOG and Slacker and will probably shift to one or the other when my annual subscription to Pandora expires. But each (like Rhapsody) is considerably more expensive than Pandora.

P.S. Just looked at MOG on the iPad. (Realized I hadn't used it since I got the iPad.) Apparently, they don't yet offer an iPad specific app. Slacker does.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts