What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes keeps reinstalling my unwanted apps

timpharrison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an iPhone and an iPad which I sync with the same computer.

I have apps on the iPhone that I don't want to install on the iPad. iTunes thinks it knows better and installs all my iPhone apps automatically when I sync the iPad.

I've tried deleting the apps from the iPad, but on the next sync they are brought back over.

I don't want to delete the apps from my computer, as they will then be deleted from my iPhone when it syncs.

Any ideas? Incidentally, I have the same problem going the other way (i.e. have purchased iPad apps and they get automatically copied to the iPhone).

Tim

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
When you plug in the iPad to iTunes, click on the apps tab in iTunes for the iPad. Select "sync only selected apps". Now go through the apps and check only the ones you want on the iPad. Do the same for the iPhone.

I sync my iPhone, iPad and my wife's iPad to one netbook........ Works perfect.

Most reactions

Latest posts