What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with itv player app

Mulv68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, hopefully someone can help me with the itv app. I can't get the app to install the icon on my iPad although it works on my iPhone. When I go to the app store it looks like it's already installed so I can't reinstall. When i search for the app it's not on my ipad. I have tried:
- deleting the app from my pc, iphone and re-syncing.
- deleting and restoring my iPad
- installing the app on my pc then trying to drag the icon to my iPad when connect to the pc. Once the sync completes the icon disappears and it doesn't install on the iPad.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happens if you delete it from your iPhone and then try to re-install it directly from your iPad - i.e. not via a synchronisation operation from your PC?

Tim

OP
M

Mulv68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, when I try to install via Apps store on my iPad it thinks it's already installed (grey button saying installed). Thanks.

mredwins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ITV Player Fix

Had same problem with ITV player appearing on iTunes and showing on screenshot for iPad in t
iTunes too. ITV support didn't have a clue but Apple support sorted it brilliantly. First checked that app was on iPad
List in iTunes and in corner two buttons were revert and apply - pressed apply. Still didn't appear so unplugged iPad and rebooted by holding home button and power button til apple symbol appeared. This didn't seem to work so en in settings - general did a reset of the system using reset all settings. Woman assured me that the worst thing that could happen is that I would have to resort all my apps back into folders. Pressed button and then went through all the language and location info as a new iPad set up and hey presto ITV player appeared along with three other missing apps and works fine! Just make a note of your wifi password from your hub as you'll need to re-enter that too. Phew Apple customer service very impressive! Hope this helps. Reset didn't seem to change anything else - all apps sorted as they were before and mail accounts all intact.

Most reactions

Latest posts