What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes + iPad, iPod App - Sorting Question

r1200gsa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First off, I have searched the forum to the best of my ability as well as Google. Really I did! But I am certain one of you will put up the "Let Me Google That For You" link for me. :p

I have a question and hope to get your all's help. I have my music sorted in my "top rated" playlist by DATE ADDED. But when I sync to the iPad and go to iPod and select that particular playlist, the songs are all random. They do not appear to be in any logical order, Alphabetically by Song/Artist, nor by Album... I am completely perplexed.

Examples.

921292252_cRLrM-L.png

921293189_Xkvst-L.png

How do I get the order of my songs to be in the same order as I have set up withing the playlists I build in iTunes?

Thanks in advance,
Duke

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
It would seem that an old bug that used to effect the iPhone had popped up again on the iPad. I don't understand how apple keeps fixing things and then in later updates old bugs just come back.

Right click on the play list and select edit, then uncheck the live update option. Sync your iPad again and the sort order will be correct on your iPad. This also means that your smart playlist will no longer update on its own until you turn live update back on.

OP
R

r1200gsa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would seem that an old bug that used to effect the iPhone had popped up again on the iPad. I don't understand how apple keeps fixing things and then in later updates old bugs just come back.

Right click on the play list and select edit, then uncheck the live update option. Sync your iPad again and the sort order will be correct on your iPad. This also means that your smart playlist will no longer update on its own until you turn live update back on.

You Sir are a Genius! That fixed me right up. Thank you for your help. :thumb: :thumb:

Most reactions