What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes, how do I do a manual check for update

OP
Janset

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
As indicated in my last post, did you download your iTunes app onto your Windows10 machine from the WINDOWS App store? It's a WINDOWS app which is simply downloaded onto your WIN10 PC. If you did that I must say I'm stumped as to why you are not seeing the tabs I photographed off my PC.
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

The iTtunes that I am using is via an icon on the desktop and also located in the Apps section of my Windows 10.
My Windows 10 was an upgrade from the Windows 7 OS. As far as I can remember, I downloaded my original iTunes via a Google search some time ago when I purchased my iPad. At the time I did that, that was the only way to get iTunes onto a Windows PC, and over time I simply upgraded iTunes as they came along.

Regards

OP
Janset

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I believe the menu bar may be hidden in iTunes (by default?). Not having a Windows machine I cannot suggest the method for unhiding them, but it may be just a matter of hovering over the area or clicking a certain icon to reveal the menu.

I have clicked anywhere and everywhere to see if there was a way of opening the hidden Menu, (if that was the case) but if there is in fact such animal, then it has beaten me because I simply can not find it. I found the hidden menu bar in Internet Explorer without any problem, but as for iTunes????

Regards

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I do not know where you got your iTunes from, or maybe more to the point where did I get my iTunes from because they are not the same.

Reading through your excellent tutorial and pictures I can safely say that I do not have the desired menu bar with the said functions ANYWHERE on my iTunes panel !!!!!

It is simply missing. I have tried clicking on anything and everything just in case it was hidden, but no joy at all.

I am stumped as to what to do now.

Regards

If you can't see the menu bar there are two ways to show it. First is by pressing CTRL-B to toggle the menu bar on or off. The other is by pressing the ALT key to show it temporarily.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

OP
Janset

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you can't see the menu bar there are two ways to show it. First is by pressing CTRL-B to toggle the menu bar on or off. The other is by pressing the ALT key to show it temporarily.

Roy

Roy, you are a God, a man amongst men, a giant.....is that a bit over the top?

As you may have guessed, that did it CTL + B is the way to go.

I also thanks every one that contributed by posting suggestions.

Thanks again.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks again.
LOL ya just gotta agree!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443762884.646376.jpg

This kind of willingness of members to help others is what makes this forum great, and why I enjoy it so much. Difficult problems that crop up here don't seem to take that long to resolve. The impossible ones take just a little bit longer:)
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Thanks again.

Not a problem, glad I could help...

Roy

Most reactions

Latest posts