What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I get my ripped cd's onto my ipad

electra2008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have done it before. If I remember rightly iTunes just copied them out of my computer and then they were in the music app.
I have tried and tried to get more into the ipad I have a lot of mp3, converted from my cd s taken off of my mp3 player.
All iTunes will do is sync my ipad to the computer 5 steps which take only a few mins. They are in media player what am I doing wrong. Plus last time I was in iTunes went to the "place", see very tech here, where it tell you what type etc whether to tick, bottom right hand corner says apply, I was trying all sorts and ticked manually did not work so went to uncheck it, it said I would delete all music I have already in Ipad so did not, left it alone. So now worried I will wipe all my music off. Any advice would be great. Yes I have read the manual and the help for ipad just does not "work" for me

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Copy or send the albums to iTunes on your computer. There should be an iTunes folder in Music. That's where they should be.

OP
electra2008

electra2008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, finally did it. Copied music file from docs pasted into iTunes folder "Automatically add to iTunes folder " Then they were there. Tried to sync, no go! Clicked on autofill and then they started to go onto the ipad. Not the correct way but worked for me. Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts