What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its official, some new iPads have problems

dayalanvenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Specifically the you tube download is struck n the middle ,can't watch full slots if files beyond 2 minutes

Sent from my iPad using iPF

rushmore69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why can't a mod edit the title of this thread? Conjecture and personal opinion does not in any way equal Official.

If use the same convention and assumed premise as the OP, then EVERY device is officially set with problems.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why can't a mod edit the title of this thread? Conjecture and personal opinion does not in any way equal Official.

If use the same convention and assumed premise as the OP, then EVERY device is officially set with problems.

Apple has come out an acknowledged some of the probs on this thread and offered replacements, so "official" in that sense.

If you don't have a prob with yours, then no sweat.

A mod created and named this thread, by the way.

Last edited:

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine may be healing itself. I think it was because I have a smaller unit his time. My restore was set for a 64 (59.5) and I have a 32 (28.5). Now that everything is downloaded, it seems fine. I'm watching and observing though.

elau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no wifi, screen issue. But I notice my unit occasionally will shut itself off and I have to hit the power button and enter my Passcode. It does that usually when using the iPad in vertical position (with the Home button at 6 O'clock). At first I thought I accidentallyhit the Home button but it was not the case as it happens more often. Anyone else has the same issue? Is there a fix for it?

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
elau said:
I have no wifi, screen issue. But I notice my unit occasionally will shut itself off and I have to hit the power button and enter my Passcode. It does that usually when using the iPad in vertical position (with the Home button at 6 O'clock). At first I thought I accidentallyhit the Home button but it was not the case as it happens more often. Anyone else has the same issue? Is there a fix for it?

Sounds like a child lock. Lol.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
rushmore69 said:

We can't edit the title as it is too old. Editing now would wreck the thread.

In any case, we normally only edit for typos and other such stuff. The forum is here for the members, and the mods do not decide what may be posted, unless it falls outside of the (fairly simple) rules.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Mordor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, thankfully no issues so far. Been using it for 15 days now. I've spent several hours playing Air Supremacy and Real Racing 2 HD besides watching youtube vids and the battery actually seemed to last longer than the iPad2. It's been taking exactly 4 hrs to charge even with eventual usage during the process.

Last edited:

carl 11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No matter how much pre-production testing is done, only the real world will find all the little quirks of any new device.

uh huh..thats what Micro-soft used to say when the public was basically beta testing their products for them, you sound like you are flogging for a corp. master .

-the battery issue is HUGE. It didn't/doesn't require any testing, its simple electrical math any high school amateur elec. eng. with a slide rule could figure out.
If it is indeed a hardware issue there is no code fix, the wattage of the charger is not up to snuff, telling folks to not use the ipad 3 ( as they had the 1) up to its full capabilities/potential or else expect lower battery life etc. is simply unacceptable and frankly from Apple, an incredible statement if that is indeed their stance(excuse).

Ex: I have been sitting at my desk for an hour, I turn on music ( on my APP -Groove- as the Apple music app. blows) and the ipad has not charged 1%. not 1.
In the past with my ipad 1, I could listen to music and it would charge approx. 5% an hour simultaneously......I am sorry but this is 4 squared, down the line horsehockey.

-on the bright side the wi fi syncs very well and at the right times , my ipad 1 was spotty at best. Big Whoop, I'll swap my wif fi for my old battery performance any day....

oh and notice they still have not done a thing regards their wrecking of the music app in last October OS update.

what a balls up.

Last edited:

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
elau said:
How do you fix the issue then? I checked my Settings and don't see anything on child lock.

It was a joke.

Update: my unit no longer shows the wifi symbol. Anyone else?

Reaction score
Is there a way to fix light leakage? I didn't know the saying is the buyer beware. I bought my husband a used iPad to 64 gig was so your capability from a college student. I did not check out the iPad it's self it was in a leather case. All of its functions including the cellular parts are operable however the Wi-Fi does not work unless the iPad is literally right next to a router no matter where we are. Any suggestions? The iPad looks like someone was trying to get into the iPad itself and since we are not the original owners I doubt we can return it but I sure would like to see if there's a way to fix the Wi-Fi problem

staticmap

keirbrook

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pls can someone help, both cameras on my iPad 3 is as though it has mist in front of it. I have the iPhone 4s and the camera is perfect. I have tried resetting the iPad but still the same. Any advice would be appreciated, as I'm a novice to all technology. One more problem. It seems to be really hot after half hour usage. Tried all tips on the forums.

AledJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have noticed that when charging and watching a film using headphones, there is a buzzing noise. And sometimes with just headphones in, there is a slight white noise effect. Anyone notice these?

Vulcan210

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an audio problem on my iPad 3rd gen. Whenever I plug in my headphones the audio keeps on playing through the speakers. Most of the time after the audio keeps on playing through the speakers then it pauses and when I unpause the audio it is through my headphones again. After that the audio reverts back to the speakers. I updated my ipad to the newest IOS (5.11) thimking it would fix it. Does anyone else have this problem? I have tried these methods of fixing this to no avail.
-Force resarting the iPad.
-Fully closing all of the apps
-Updating my IOS
The question is should I take it to the Apple store or should I wait for IOS 6.

Most reactions

Latest posts