What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

it is not possible to see my image albums in itunes

unhappy.user

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

problem is very crucial for me, i have imported several photo albums into my image gallery about two years back.

Now recently my old PC crashed so i have those pictures only in Ipad.
I bought a new laptop and installed itunes 11.x.x But to my horrible surprise it is not possible to export pictures out.

Only thing i can do is now to sync in which case all my date will be deleted (don't know why, for me Ipad should be source not stupid itunes). The old way importing photo albums is gone.

Windows let me only download images which are in Camera folder but not rest of the albums.
When i am searching on internet everybody is just talking about booklets for their music albums, which i never use and nobody seems to have same problem as i have.

Can anybody help me please? I want to believe there is a way how to make itunes really useful, but i already spent so many hours i don't really want to count to solve it arghhh, so far for games and kids stuff Ipad is fun, but now i feel i made a mistake. I found some paid application on the internet for 28$ which simulates i-tunes but you can actually see ALL content of the Ipad. Why i have to pay for this basic functionality to the 3rd party? If this is a case i will have to give it away and look for android tablets, which makes my unhappy again :(

Many thanks to anybody who can take a minute and try to help.

Allan

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would suggest one of two things.

(1) E-mail all the photos to yourself from the iPad. That way, you can access your e-mail on your laptop and so save them that way.

But, that's probably a bit much for emailing as it sounds as if you have a lot of photos. So, here's actually what I would do.

(2) Get a Dropbox account. You can get up to 2 GB for free. The important thing is to go to the AppStore and get the Dropbox app; it is also free. In addition, go to the Dropbox website and download the Dropbox server program to your laptop. With it running, you can access that online Dropbox account by opening it like a Windows Explorer folder.

Open the Dropbox app on the iPad after you've created an account and signed in. Then, press on the three dots in the upper right hand side and you'll get three options: Upload, Create Folder & Edit. See this:

suga3u5y.jpg

Select upload and then you'll be given the opportunity to go to the album(s) in your photo app. Select all the pictures you want to save or move to your laptop (you can select them all at once).

Once they've uploaded, you'll be able to access that folder from your laptop and then save all those pictures to the laptop.

Yes, it's going to take time to upload and download those photos - so make sure you have a good WiFi connection for both the iPad and the laptop. But, this is a free method to get those pictures over to the laptop without paying extra for a program that may or may not allow you access to the iPad.

I hope this helps. If I've not been clear enough or if you run into issue, please let me know and I'll try to clarify.

Marilyn

P.S. Of course, other folk may have other ideas - this is just what I would do. Good luck.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
DropBox is a good option, and free.

If you are willing to spend a little money the PhotoSync (no hyphen) app will let you transfer photos and videos between the iPad and computer. There is a computer side client as well. It's not required, but it does make things easier. It's a bit faster than DropBox, since it will do the transfer through your local network instead of sending them to the internet and back.

On the other hand, having them backed up in DropBox isn't a bad idea, just incase it happens again.

Unfortunately the photos you recover this way may not be as high quality as the originals were. The albums synced through iTunes are only meant for convenient viewing on the iPad and are optimized for that purpose (shrunk to save space if larger than needed). To get the originals you may want to consider running your old laptop's hard drive through some recovery software. A local computer shop should be able to help you with that.

Good luck.

And be sure to set up some kind of automatic backups for this laptop.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Marilyn-I'm giving you a "like" for the great recommendation AND that pic! That is just the cutest pic of your kitty! :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Marilyn-I'm giving you a "like" for the great recommendation AND that pic! That is just the cutest pic of your kitty! :)

Oh, I so WISH that was my kitty! While the pic was taken with my iPhone 5, the kitten is my niece's. Isn't he adorable? Loverly little thing! And, he sat so calmly in my hands while my sister took the pic...

I'll tell my niece you thought he was cute (and also tell you thanks on her behalf).

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts