What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iSwifter Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
recently saw another thread about Swifter and was prompted to download it, but have been noticing that movies play in a rather jerky fashion---even at times when my wifi service is pretty good.

Anyone else noticed this? Know of any fix?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
( I stuck that lil "i" up there for ya! ) I assume you are talking about iswifter, for flash, right? Most workarounds for flash are sluggish and unpredictable it. It is just the way things are in that the ipad simply does not support flash. :(

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's mostly because these apps run the sites through a remote server, which translate them for the iPad and then send them to you. As you can image it takes a lot of server power to do this, and the moment one of these apps becomes popular it starts to degrade.

So, they typically get some good reviews, then almost immediately become too slow to for good video; after a few thousand people start using them.

There is no fix, except to find video sites that have had the foresight to update. Since Adobe recently updated their server software to automatically detect mobile devices and server HTML 5 video, there is less and less excuses for sites to not support HTML 5. And with Adobe announcing that they will no longer be developing Flash for mobile devices, the pressure to update just went up two or three notches.

In the mean time, it is what it is.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
( I stuck that lil "i" up there for ya! ) I assume you are talking about iswifter, for flash, right? Most workarounds for flash are sluggish and unpredictable it. It is just the way things are in that the ipad simply does not support flash. :(

Thanks for updating the reference. For a few seconds I thought there was an app that would clean the kitchen floor. I am SO disappointed. :D

OP
Heaviside

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep, it's all about i. (Thought it was "all about me," but times do change.)

And if iSwifter doesn't improve it's goin' in the dustbin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts