What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issue with the component cable.

iDude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered and received a component cable for my iPad, however, it's not working and wondering if anyone can help. I have two TV's that have component connections. I am using the iPad Video app to play movies from my iPad.

TV 1:

• Tried to connect to Component 2 connection (cable already hooked to Component 1). No video or audio.
  • Switched the cable to Component 2 and cable works like a charm. Then hooked iPad to Component 1 and no video or audio.
TV 2:

• Hooked to a Component connection that I used to have the DVD player hooked to. I get audio, but no video.

Is it possible I just have a bad component accessory from Apple? It appears my TV's are not the issue. Argh!

Thanks!

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your JailBroken, you could try "Display Out" from Cydia. It's supposed to mirror what's on the screen on the TV. I've heard it works well. Of course you could have a bad cable, I hope not. Oh, also make sure your getting the blue and green cables to it's mate properly. If they are correct, reverse the blue and green cable, maybe whom ever put it together was color blind. LOL

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't forget that it is up to the app to output the video (GoodReader and Keynote work) but you can't get the normal iOS screens to mirror to a TV or something without jailbreaking.

Most reactions